Cable Manufacturing Build Audit Checklist

D

davelim

appreciate it if any one can help on this.
I going to audit one of the supplier for normal computer cable build, but i need a sample checklist which let me know what key point need to included in my audit check list, such like with 4M1H method, thanks!

Dave

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
I going to audit one of the supplier for normal computer cable build, but i need a sample checklist which let me know what key point need to included in my audit check list, such like with 4M1H method, thanks!

Dave

What is a 4M1H Method - different meaning for different sectors.

C

Chance

Acquire a copy of their standard operating procedures and build your checklist against it. Try to at least familiarize their process and verify during your audit if they are doing what they say they do.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Welcome to the Cove.

You should begin by finding out the objective of the audit. What are the specific problems so that you can zero in to have a better understanding of the issue at hand.

Wire Harness Inspection

somashekar

Leader
Admin

Dave
I gather that you are talking about process audit.
Process familiarity is very much essential for you to be able to audit the same.
Please tell me if you are talking about wire drawing / extrusion process OR wire preparation, crimping and harness process.

D

davelim

I gather that you are talking about process audit.
Process familiarity is very much essential for you to be able to audit the same.
Please tell me if you are talking about wire drawing / extrusion process OR wire preparation, crimping and harness process.

Im going to audit the incoming quality process, wire preparation/off line process, production build process (Quality control, testing audit) for few server type cable such like data cable, power cable.
I need to start with few audit title in my checklist which mostly related with ISO & 4M method, thanks!

AndyN

Moved On
Im going to audit the incoming quality process, wire preparation/off line process, production build process (Quality control, testing audit) for few server type cable such like data cable, power cable.
I need to start with few audit title in my checklist which mostly related with ISO & 4M method, thanks!

Are you experienced in this process, Dave? If you have a checklist, will you know what answers are good answers and those which aren't so good?

Doing an audit isn't about asking questions and not knowing the answers - or worse, just what ISO says...

Top Bottom