Supplier Performance Index (Spi) - Supplier Rating

C

coventry

hi, I have recently started using an SPI spreadsheet calculator, which appears to work for us. I noticed that it does not track late deliveries only how good the on time deliveries are. Do I have to run a scoring chart alongside this spreadsheet to monitor any late deliveries, and if so could this be incorporated into the spreadsheet as a new tab. Could anyone help with this.:)

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Spi supplier rating

Welcome to the Cove.

Can you please let us know what 'Spi' stands for - schedule performance index?

C

coventry

Re: Spi supplier rating

Hello harry, SPI stands for supplier performance index.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Thanks for the clarification.

I believe the spreadsheet was created by someone to communicated specific information that he or his organizations needs. You can therefore include anything that you deemed necessary to enhance the communication.

T

Ted Schmitt

hi, I have recently started using an SPI spreadsheet calculator, which appears to work for us. I noticed that it does not track late deliveries only how good the on time deliveries are. Do I have to run a scoring chart alongside this spreadsheet to monitor any late deliveries, and if so could this be incorporated into the spreadsheet as a new tab. Could anyone help with this.:)

Welcome Coventry !

The indicators you use are determined by you.... use what is important for your organization / quality system. In our organization it is imperative that we track and monitor supplier tardiness/on time deliveries (amongst other indicators). Do you have a problem with deliveries with your suppliers? If you don´t, don´t waste resources controlling/monitoring this... go after other things which may be costing you $ or non conformities of some nature.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

coventry

Hello ted, thankyou for the info we do sometimes receive late deliveries and it we sometimes get over by ordering a little earlier than required. My problem is getting the info into one sheet rather than having to create numerous ones. We also have a problem in as much as we can only get certain products at the right quality from the one supplier we have resourced where possible to other companies.

T

Ted Schmitt

Check the bottom of this page, there are similar discussions on previous threads, some might shed some more light. I am also attaching a spreadsheet that we use for receiving inspection...

In the demerit column, you can add quantity of days of tardiness. We use more points for more days ex.: minus 1 point for 1 - 5 days late, 2 points for 6 -10 etc.... you decide what´s best for you...

Attachments

• Receiving inspection form.xls
    22 KB · Views: 1,088
E

evrmurthy

Hi,
I am trying to develop a Supplier Performance rating system for my company. Right now, we are assessing the Suppliers' Quality performance only & while trying to evolve formula for delivery performance, I encountered a problem of changes in delivery schedules. Our Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Program (ASCP) engine runs weekly and throws out recommendations for Schedule IN/Out of deliveries, due to which I am unable to come out with a satisfactory formula. Can any one guide me on this? Regards, evrmurthy

Last edited by a moderator:

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Hi,
I am trying to develop a Supplier Performance rating system for my company. Right now, we are assessing the Suppliers' Quality performance only & while trying to evolve formula for delivery performance, I encountered a problem of changes in delivery schedules. Our Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Program (ASCP) engine runs weekly and throws out recommendations for Schedule IN/Out of deliveries, due to which I am unable to come out with a satisfactory formula. Can any one guide me on this? Regards, evrmurthy
Greetings Mr. Murthy and welcome to the COVE ~~~
We have all become slaves of some advanced s/w program ... :) :cool:
It is in fact the opposite that we, the user have to make
It is worthwhile to reassess how you would want to talk with your ASCP engine, and get the required meaningful output.
Then with your requirement, discuss with your ASCP master who manages the back-end of the ASCP and then he can suitably alter the algorithm so you get what you want.
Hope to read more from others here, and do come back with what solution you implemented.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hi,

Welcome. :bigwave:

The whole idea of a detailed supplier rating systems is fraught with confusion and inaccuracies, especially when delivery is brought into it. As you note, delivery schedules change and too often suppliers get dinged for things beyond their control. On the other side, sometimes "late" deliveries are meaningless--no one is harmed. Unless there are really large numbers of suppliers, it's usually best to take notice of the ones that are actually causing problems and the ones that never cause any problems. All of the rest can usually be safely disregarded.

Last edited:
Top Bottom