Developing an Umbrella Management System

D

dpnancy

Our company consists of several sites. All these sites have currently there own, local, ISO 9001 certificates. We are now thinking of developing an umbrella certificate - managing at corporate level, but actual activities done in the local sites.
We have a corporate policy and objectives, and a set of corporate standards that are translated to local procedures. I thought of running a high level corporate management review. We have a combined system of corporate audits and local audits.
Under the umbrella certificate the local sites will maintain their local procedures and way of working under iso 9001. Corporate management will define scope, policy, objectives, standards and manage the system through audits and management review.
Do you think this way of working will be sufficient to obtain an umbrella certificate? Do I forget anything? Any advise is welcome!

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Re: developping an umbrella management system

Our company consists of several sites. All these sites have currently there own, local, ISO 9001 certificates. We are now thinking of developing an umbrella certificate - managing at corporate level, but actual activities done in the local sites.
We have a corporate policy and objectives, and a set of corporate standards that are translated to local procedures. I thought of running a high level corporate management review. We have a combined system of corporate audits and local audits.
Under the umbrella certificate the local sites will maintain their local procedures and way of working under iso 9001. Corporate management will define scope, policy, objectives, standards and manage the system through audits and management review.
Do you think this way of working will be sufficient to obtain an umbrella certificate? Do I forget anything? Any advise is welcome!
Yes. It will be one certificate with several sites listed.
You are basically talking about Lead site and other site covered within your QMS and Certification scope.
Ask your CB how they can help you in this.

B

BoardGuy

Re: developping an umbrella management system

Yes. It will be one certificate with several sites listed.
You are basically talking about Lead site and other site covered within your QMS and Certification scope.
Ask your CB how they can help you in this.
Somashekar is correct but you must also look at the risk this may pose. If QMS/EMS certificate is suspended or revoked by the Certification Body all sites are effected even if the event that cause the suspension/revocation only occurred at one site.

Top Bottom