Vendor (Supplier) Audit Form as a Controlled Form and as a Record

D

DuttonT

Looking for information on using a vendor audit as a record.

My questionaaire may change from vendor to vendor depending on the type of product/process they provide.

If I keep the vendor audit as a controlled form, I wil need to ECO each time I perform an audit or send the vendor a questionnaire.

So, does anyone else use a questionnaire as a record with no controlling ID ?

Thanks in advance

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: Vendor audit form as a record

My questionaaire may change from vendor to vendor depending on the type of product/process they provide.

If I keep the vendor audit as a controlled form, I wil need to ECO each time I perform an audit or send the vendor a questionnaire.

Thanks in advance

You're confusing records and forms. They're different animals. Filled-out forms often become records, but a blank form doesn't. You can still have one form and just incorporate all of the questions in it, whether or not they'll be used for each supplier.

B

Benjamin28

:lmao:

That is a thought that hadn't occurred to me.....I was happier that way.

H

HSSE Auditor

Jim will have an appropriate response; trust me....;)

I can't wait. :topic: I had always visualized whirled peas as being mashed like potatos. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource

You're confusing records and forms. They're different animals. Filled-out forms often become records, but a blank form doesn't. You can still have one form and just incorporate all of the questions in it, whether or not they'll be used for each supplier.

Right, Jim. Too often these are confused. Plus, there is no requirement that you have a "form" for an audit checklist that has all the questions listed. Or, as Jim alludes to, you can have a "template" type form and pick and choose relevent questons.

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource

Thanks in advance

Hi DuttonT,

Most audit forms I have or have used in the past contain all the potential questions that may need to be addressed, with an option to check "N/A" when that item was not applicable to that particular vendor. Is that an option that could work for you?

D

DuttonT

Thanks,

I had thought about using one for all, however I get a lot of "to many questions". So I will be using product or supplier specific questions and try to keep around 10 questions.

Top Bottom