EASA Part M - Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation

A

Angelika

Hi,

we have a relatively new regulation here in Europe which is called Part M.
Organisations who want to be approved as a CAMO (Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation) are required to fulfill Subpart G of Part M, and Subpart I, only if they want to obtain the additional privilege to issue and extend airworthiness certificates.

A lot of NPA's (Noticed Proposed Amendments), CRD (Comment Response Documents) and, after all, an amendment of the initial regulation have been made to cover not only the needs of the commercial operators and the operators of large aircraft but also the privat operators and their small aircraft.

Some amendments are not yet quite clear to me and I am trying to find somebody to discuss them.

Therefore my questions to you:
Is Part M also part of the FAA-regulations?
Is there anybody in this forum who knows about Part M and is interested in discussing details on it in this forum?

Unfortunately, we do not have such a great forum on this side of the ocean and sometimes it is real hard work to find answers to questions.

Looking forward to your replies!
Angelika

K

kiwisfly

Hi Angelika,
I am no expert on EASA regulations but I went to a briefing recently on DOA and POA and CAMO was mentioned. My understanding is that it is for the organisation that manages the continuing airworthiness of the aircraft and therefore normally linked to the Part 119/121/135 Operating certificate.

It also separates the control of Maintenance (Part M) from the actual repair facility (Part 145). In many cases, the Part M organisation will also hold 145. You will note that the details of Part M is very much aligned to flight line maintenance and immediate compliance to AD's, and SB's etc..

As far as I know, there is no equivalent FAA regulation. I'm looking forward to others joining this thread as I need to understand more about it also.

Cheers

A

Angelika

Hi Kiwisfly,

thanks a lot for your reply. I had given up hoping that somebody outside Europe had ever heard about Part M!

In the meantime I do know quite a lot about Part M and my concerns were about a new privilege that allows the extension of the Airworthiness Review Certificate to such Part M organisations that do not hold the privilege i.a.w. Part M, Subpart I. After all, I found an answer even on this :biglaugh:

It would be great to find some more cove members dealing with Part M and who are interested in sharing their experience with us.

Whenever I can be of any help, please let me know. I will be happy to share my knowledge with you and any others of this forum.

With lots of regards from the cold and snowy Germany,
Angelika

AEOS_QA

Involved In Discussions
Hi Angelika,

This forum has provided me with a lot of valuable information in aligning our QMS with AS9110 and I would be happy to participate in EASA discussions.
We are currently applying for EASA Part 145 component workshop approval and I am reviewing all the relevant European regs to try to combine our local (Australia) and EASA regulatory requirements into an integrated system.
I did accidently download a sample Part-M Maintenance Exposition which could be of value to you. There are a couple of different versions around the CAA website so just google "Anybody's Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition (CAME)" and you should get some useful info if you don't already have it.

Phil

A

Angelika

Hi Angelika,

This forum has provided me with a lot of valuable information in aligning our QMS with AS9110 and I would be happy to participate in EASA discussions.
We are currently applying for EASA Part 145 component workshop approval and I am reviewing all the relevant European regs to try to combine our local (Australia) and EASA regulatory requirements into an integrated system.
I did accidently download a sample Part-M Maintenance Exposition which could be of value to you. There are a couple of different versions around the CAA website so just google "Anybody's Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition (CAME)" and you should get some useful info if you don't already have it.

Phil

Hi Phil,

in the beginning of my "Part M-efforts" I also collected some exposition samples and I also know the one you mentioned. The CAA website is often a very helpful source! Thanks a lot anyway!

My main business has been consulting and training applicants or holders of organisations such as EASA Part 145, Part M, Part 21 Production and Part 21 Design Organisations (TC/STC/ETSO).

If you have any questions as to the approval of your 145 workshop, just let me know.

Looking forward to good discussions on EASA-regulations!

Angelika

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
I have moved these posts from the AS9100 Forum to the FAA Forum, since it specifically asking about FAA regulations. Another Moderator may move this to another forum.

A

Angelika

I have moved these posts from the AS9100 Forum to the FAA Forum, since it specifically asking about FAA regulations. Another Moderator may move this to another forum.

Thank you Coury.

I know that our "problems" are somewhat different from your's since the regulations are different.

Even if we are a minority in this forum, do you think there might be a chance to open an "EASA"-section for us? I did not find too many Europeans in this forum, only some from France and Great Britain, but apparently European legislation is also of interest for Australia and New Zealand.

Once again I would like to thank Marc, all the moderators and everybody participating in this forum. It is such a great forum and - I know I repeat myself - unfortunately, I couldn't find something similar in Europe. Thanks to the good job of you moderators, you have always managed to keep the contributions at a high level.

Hoping there will be some space for us "Europeans" and other interested parties soon!

Lots of regards,
Angelika

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Thank you Coury.

I know that our "problems" are somewhat different from your's since the regulations are different.

Even if we are a minority in this forum, do you think there might be a chance to open an "EASA"-section for us? I did not find too many Europeans in this forum, only some from France and Great Britain, but apparently European legislation is also of interest for Australia and New Zealand.

Once again I would like to thank Marc, all the moderators and everybody participating in this forum. It is such a great forum and - I know I repeat myself - unfortunately, I couldn't find something similar in Europe. Thanks to the good job of you moderators, you have always managed to keep the contributions at a high level.

Hoping there will be some space for us "Europeans" and other interested parties soon!

Lots of regards,
Angelika

Angelika,

No problem we try to keep posts in the subject matter forum.

We always can/will make room for our European and other interested parties friends. If you have any suggestions to help this Forum please feel free to notify Marc our Host, post the suggestions, or Private Message any of the helpful Moderators.

F

Fallen30angel - 2010

Have i missed something, why is this thread being moved to FAA section when its an EASA Regulation??

:truce:

Regards

Rich

Top Bottom