Ideas or example on how to analyze and present results on data collected

U

upliftpro

Small company, not much data collected, need an idea or a simple example of how to analyze and present simple results. Have charting software but need tips on formatting data and what I should chart (electronic assembly):confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DrM2u

This is an old thread so maybe Marc can move your question to a new thread.

Before I can make any suggestions on data formating and charting I would like to understand what data you are collecting and for what purpose. Your audience dictates how to present the data, and this in turn dictates how to format and analyze it. Also keep in mind that it takes time and resources to collect and analyze data. All these become a waste if the data is not used subsequently.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Small company, not much data collected, need an idea or a simple example of how to analyze and present simple results. Have charting software but need tips on formatting data and what I should chart (electronic assembly):confused:

Could you let us know what type of data are you collecting and/or going to present? As pointed out by DrM2u, each type of data may need a different treatment in view of its audience and for maximum effect.

charanjit singh

Involved In Discussions
I hope the basic questions raised by Harry and DrMZu regarding the what and why of data collection will be helpful.

I would suggest that you go through Chapter 1 of Ishikawa's book "Guide to Quality Control". Though the title of this chapter is "How to Collect Data" it is a good guide to various simple steps regarding collection and further processing and analysis of data.

Please come back if further help is needed.

:)

Jupitor

Top Bottom