TS 16949 Document Review By Registar - What will the registrar look for?

C

CREED

We are currently having a document review audit by our registar. i would like to know what he is going to be looking for, and if all the content needs to be completely up to date. What will happen if he accepts the document review audit, if not what will happen.
We are currently register to QS9000 and working towards TS 16949. We have conducted a gap analysis and had one audit to all the process identified by the coperation. There were 10 finding that the auditor found pertaining to all four facilities. do these have to be cleared before we get before we can have the registar come in and do the certification audit.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Re: TS 16949 Document Review By Registar

We are currently having a document review audit by our registar. i would like to know what he is going to be looking for, and if all the content needs to be completely up to date. What will happen if he accepts the document review audit, if not what will happen.

A. The Documentation Audit (Doc Audit) is validating that the requirements of the standard have been "documented."

B. If the Doc Audits reveals that certain requirements haven't been "documented" there will most likely be a NC presented.

We are currently register to QS9000 and working towards TS 16949. We have conducted a gap analysis and had one audit to all the process identified by the coperation. There were 10 finding that the auditor found pertaining to all four facilities. do these have to be cleared before we get before we can have the registar come in and do the certification audit.

Are you referring to a pre-assessment audit (sentence underlined)? If this was during a pre-assessment audit then I would recommend that you clear up the findings or have some type of Corrective Action plan in place, before the assessment audit. If these were found during the pre-assessment audit, than there is a 80-90% (or higher) chance of these being identified during the registration/assessment audit. In my opinion.

C

CREED

The 10 finding where found in an internal audit conducted by us. We have not had our registar come and do any kind of 3rd party audit at this time.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource

The 10 finding where found in an internal audit conducted by us. We have not had our registar come and do any kind of 3rd party audit at this time.

If the internal audit identified these then I would clear them up, since when the Registration/Assessment audit is performed it could be identified by the Registrar. Besides, you want to make sure that any Corrective Actions found during the Internal Audit would need to be closed, since the results of the Internal Audit will be verified/validated, during 3rd Party Assessment.

AndyN

Moved On

Creed:
Are you saying that you are having your documentation looked over by your registrar, as part of your preparation for compliance to ISO/TS 16949? Or are you describing the on-site "readiness review' which is required by the 'TS Rules'? If this is the case, it won't be as much about the documentation as it is about your readiness (!) for the compliance/certification audit, in the next 90 days. You would be well advised to have worked on those audit findings so that you can report these during the review, too.

I don't quite understand how close you are to this important milestone, so can't give more focused guidance........

Andy

C

CREED

Yes the regestar is looking over our document for review, they sent a list of 7 documents that they would like to review.
Operation Performance Trends for twelve months
Quality Manual
Organization's Processes
internal audit and Management review results for 12 months
List of qualified internal auditors
Customer Specific requirements
Customer complaint status.

Our Quality Manual is done but needs some updates to include all the procedures, currently our procedures still include qs9000 documentation.
Performance trends are available through QOS minutes but some are missing goals and objectives, most are just tracked in QOS
We have done only one audit and that was in Aug of this year.
we have everyelse pretty well covered.
we are currently scheduled for for the certification audit in Nov of this year.

M

MissouriBDC

Creed,
We recently finished our Stage 1 audit and the registrar looked at our internal audits pretty thoroughly. I don't understand what you mean when you said you had only done one audit in August. I don't know about your facility, but in ours, we had to have a complete cycle of audits done before the registrar would even come in for the Stage 1. They reviewed the same things that your auditor did. It was fairly painless but we worked hard to be ready. Good luck and hang in there!!

MissouriBDC:agree1:

C

CREED

By only one audit done i mean that that we audited all the processes identified by our QMS, in all four facilities, there where 25 process identified, did a product audit on an automotive part in all four facilities and a part audit in one facility which is the corporate head quarters of the organization. This audit took over a week to complete.

R

ralphsulser

This is the file I used to get ready for our Stage 1 TS document review.

Attachments

• TS.2B.Ready.docs.pdf
    255.7 KB · Views: 230

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant

Yes the regestar is looking over our document for review, they sent a list of 7 documents that they would like to review.
Operation Performance Trends for twelve months
Quality Manual
Organization's Processes
internal audit and Management review results for 12 months
List of qualified internal auditors
Customer Specific requirements
Customer complaint status.

Our Quality Manual is done but needs some updates to include all the procedures, currently our procedures still include qs9000 documentation.
Performance trends are available through QOS minutes but some are missing goals and objectives, most are just tracked in QOS
We have done only one audit and that was in Aug of this year.
we have everyelse pretty well covered.
we are currently scheduled for for the certification audit in Nov of this year.

Actually the "Operation Performance Trends for twelve months" is supposed to be all the measures of your process performance (4.1.e), not just the QOS type metrics.

Top Bottom