AS9100 Clauses which apply to all Processes

T

Tomflvt

Hello, Can anyone help me understand which clauses in the AS9101 or the ISO9001 standard apply to all processes, Thank you

AndyN

Moved On
Re: AS9101 Standard Clauses

Hello, Can anyone help me understand which clauses in the AS9101 or the ISO9001 standard apply to all processes, Thank you

Tom:
Welcome to the Cove. Your first post here is an interesting one!

What you're asking is a bit like 'how long is a piece of string?' Clearly, not all clauses apply to all processes. Calibration doesn't apply to training..except...since we don't know what type of business you're in, it might!

So, tell us some more background to you/your business and your question and we can give you a better answer...

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

Are you sure you referenced the proper standard? AS9101 D is a standard for external auditors. Did you mean AS9100 instead?

As for your question, certain aspects of the standard apply to all QMS processes, to an extent. For example, continual improvement, corrective and preventive actions apply, in principle, everywhere. Similarly, the need for competent personnel also apply to all people dealing with work that can affect product conformity. If a process is established/defined in a document and creates records, 4.2.3 and 4.2.4 of ISO 9001 also apply. Internal audits should assess all of the QMS processes, thus it becomes another "all encompassing" requirement.

T

Tomflvt

Thanks for the quick response. I am sorry, I did mean AS9100. Thanks again.

J

Joy

thus it becomes another "all encompassing" requirement.
So you can start with 4.1- Many issues related to process:)
Even 4.2.2-a description of interaction of processes
5.5.3- talks about communication processes
5.6-review of process performance
So on
So all clauses have some relationship as sidney mentioned.If you could reply to Andy's question you could get clearer picture for a specific process.

T

Tomflvt

So you can start with 4.1- Many issues related to process:)
Even 4.2.2-a description of interaction of processes
5.5.3- talks about communication processes
5.6-review of process performance
So on
So all clauses have some relationship as sidney mentioned.If you could reply to Andy's question you could get clearer picture for a specific process.
Thanks You. Our situation is that we have a small manufacturing operation (print process) making labels, nametags, etc. Have ISO 9001-2008 and AS9100B certs. I am new to company and preparing for internal audit. My original question was trying to determine what processes (order entry, mfg, sales, purch, etc.) had elements of the standard that are common to each of our processes.

J

Joy

As you are already certified,better try to plan the audits considering process approach.Once you plan that you can understand the relevant clauses for the processes.Are you familiar with turtle diagram?

I remember there were good amount of literature in clove but not able to locate those quickly,hope some friends will help to find those for you.

J

Jason PCSwitches

[FONT=&quot]Hey Tom, welcome to the Cove :)

Question, if your company is only manufacturing the products you have listed, what triggered them to be certified to AS9100? ISO I can understand, but AS, ??

Anyhow there are certain clauses that are "universal", others are particular. What you should focus on is your interaction of processes (part of your QM) and audit the process not the element. As you progress you will start to recognize those universal clauses as well as becoming familiar with specific clauses related to each process. I would suggest posting questions as you begin your auditing. Then your inquiries will be more centered and you will find that there is a lot of support to be offered on this site. Cheers.[/FONT]

AndyN

Moved On

My original question was trying to determine what processes (order entry, mfg, sales, purch, etc.) had elements of the standard that are common to each of our processes.

Why do you need to know that, Tom?

Top Bottom