APQP Timing Plan Details and APQP Package Contents (e.g.: floor plan) - Batch Mfg.

M

mechhari22

Hi every one I am new in this forum. Got the forum info from net, seems like the forum is very active. You can go through my profile for my details.

My actual question is about the APQP timing plan:

I am working in auto components manufacturing industry (TVS group India), I need to know is it necessary to follow all the steps and sequence of AIAG APQP manual exactly the same fashion??

In one of our recent TS 16949 surveillance audit we had a problem for not following the sequence of APQP manual in the exact same manner in our timing plan.

Also we did not have floor plan for all the parts. We do batch production and not line production. Pls tell me is it required to have a floor plan for my kind of industry also.

Regards,
Hari (SHS):bigwave:

Last edited by a moderator:

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Hi - APQP Timing plan details

In one of our recent TS 16949 surveillance audit we had a problem for not following the sequence of APQP manual in the exact same manner in our timing plan.

Can you clarify the "problem", that was a non-conformance or Opportunity for Improvement or just a passing comment?

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Re: APQP Timing Plan Details and APQP Package Contents (e.g.: floor plan) - Batch Mfg

The APQP book is not auditable. It is only relevant if your customer actually says that you must work by it, most Indian OEM's do not require this.

Do you have a work instruction/procedure for APQP? Maybe here you say you will work according to the book.

M

mechhari22

Hi,
It was just a passing comment given by the auditor. But my management has taken it seriously. Now I am given the responsibility of changing our existing timing plan in the same sequence given in the APQP manual. Also they have insisted me to copy the points like 1.2, 2.4, and 3.2 from the APQP manual and put it in our timing plan.

I hope it is not a bad idea. It helps to remember the exact points of the manual and its sequence. Just wanted to know if it is so mandatory to do it this way??

Thanks
Hari

M

mechhari22

Re: APQP Timing Plan Details and APQP Package Contents (e.g.: floor plan) - Batch Mfg

Hi sir,

The audit was done on our timing plan which we were practicing for a particular part. And the auditor was expecting the timing plan to have the heading of five phases in the APQP manual, but we did not have any headings and our timing plan was just having all the list of activities we actually do for a product development.

As you have rightly mentioned our customer is ok with the timing plan what we were practicing.

But the auditor was not convinced that we actually understand practice the APQP phases. We counter argued him saying that we have all the APQP points covered in our timing plan. But the auditor insisted to make it better and we accepted. The auditor did not book any NC for this it was just his comment.

I am not very sure if we have any work instruction for APQP apart from the timing plan we have. But let me check with my seniors and come back on this.

Thanks,
Hari Shankar

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource

Hi,
It was just a passing comment given by the auditor. ............ Just wanted to know if it is so mandatory to do it this way??

Thanks
Hari

Assuming that your external auditor paid full justice to the auditing process and logically considering the amount of risk involved, it is quite clear that it is not mandatory and hence, not a non conformance. On the other hand, it sounds good when you say your Top Managment is serious about even the passing comments of the external auditor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom