New Quality Manual & Evidence of Implementation

C

Ciaran

I have just finished creating a quality manual for a company that has not been certified before. It's for ISO 9001.

I have been using the BS EN ISO 9001:2008 standards.

1. Should I Label the manual using ISO 9001:2008 or ISO 9001:2000?

2. The audit will be happening in about a 1-2 months time. What should I use for the effective date, and what evidence of implemetation will be required from this first audit?

Last edited by a moderator:

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
ISO 9001:2008 is the current version so that would be the better option or, just leave it at ISO 9001.

Many CB's require at least 3 months evidence of implementation so you need to start generating records as soon as possible. However, if you have not had to change your processes much to get where you are, you probably have many of the operational records needed. You just need to create the 'others' such as internal audit, management review etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyN

Moved On
I have just finished creating a quality manual for a company that has not been acredited before. It's for ISO 9001.

I have been using the BS EN ISO 9001:2008 standards.

1. Should I Label the manual using ISO 9001:2008 or ISO 9001:2000?

2. The audit will be happening in about a 1-2 months time. What should I use for the effective date, and what evidence of implemetation will be required from this first audit?

Agreed with my friend Colpart. You may need more evidence to be assured of a resonable result.

BTW - you are not 'accredited'.....but 'certified. Accreditation means different things to people.

Don't label the manual at all. The effective date is whatever date the system came into use.

Top Bottom