Material Qualification for TSO (Technical Standard Order) Authorization

I

INHOKARI

We are preparing the TSO authorization approval for the avionics component.
What document should I prepare for the part(material) used in TSO product? For example, standard IC, register, capacitor, special IC(DC-DC converter), fastening screw, sensor, etc. Is all the parts are necessary to quality assurance control ?

I

INHOKARI

Thanks for your answer. But unfortunately, DER or certification office is not available to us. So, I would like to ask again specifically the followings.

1. Is all the parts in TSO product have the CoC provided by manufacture? Even for small screw and nuts?
2. If we purchase sensor module from third company, all the technical document(drawing, design, test report, etc) is necessary or only specific document (the Coc and trst report) enough to provide to CA?

This issue is very urgent and important for me.
Please help me with your best knolwedge.

Thanks.

B

BadgerMan

Questions:

1. What TSO approval are you seeking?

2. Have you read the TSO and what does it say regarding submittal of technical data?

3. If you don't have access to a DER or the ACO, who are you planning to give your completed submittal package to?

I

INHOKARI

1. What TSO approval are you seeking?
- Korean TSO-C106
- I'm Korean. And I'm progressing with Korean CA.

2. Have you read the TSO and what does it say regarding submittal of technical data?
- Yes, but the reference is not clear to me.

3. If you don't have access to a DER or the ACO, who are you planning to give your completed submittal package to?
- Actually, Korean CA have no experience and we(applicant) have no experience. So I want advice from the USA FAA works.

B

BadgerMan

Our TSO C106 (attached) is pretty explicit concerning data requirements (see page 3).

In our case, if we have questions concerning level of detail for the submittal, those are addressed with the ACO usually through a DER.

Attachments

• C106[1].pdf
    29 KB · Views: 301
I

INHOKARI

Thank you for your answer!!!

I agree that the data requirement is in the TSO-C106 document.

Then for example, is it reasonable for CA to requesting the CoC for even the standard part (for example, screw, resistor etc.) ?

And is it necessary to submit for the supplier's BOM, drawing and CoC to CA? Normally, the contract with supplier does not require the detail design data.
If we request such detail design data, then we have to pay for it.

Top Bottom