ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt Affidavit

sgurusaran

Inactive Registered Visitor
I am trying to write the affidavit for the six sigma black belt certification. I am not able to provide the details in a concise manner,that would match a Six Sigma Project. Can someone please give me some pointers on this? I greatly appreciate your help. Thank You

G

Geoff Withnell

Most of the information you need should come from the Project Charter. Business purpose etc. The hands on portion can be essentially a listing of the tools used (DOE, FMEA, etc). From the final report, list the gains that were actually achieved, in brief metrics, e.g. $xxx,xxx saved, y minutes taken off cycle time, etc. The idea is to have actually completed a genuine project, that a project champion will sign off as having achieved its goals. Great detail is not needed.

Geoff Withnell

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
I am trying to write the affidavit for the six sigma black belt certification. I am not able to provide the details in a concise manner,that would match a Six Sigma Project. Can someone please give me some pointers on this? I greatly appreciate your help. Thank You

ASQ has a simple form for it. I don't know why they call it an "affidavit." An affidavit is a sworn statement that carries penalties for perjury if not true.

D

David Bear - 2010

What is the criteria for the ASQ Six Sigma affidavit signing Champion? Does that person need to be Six Sigma certified or could the person be an expert at your company with product and statistical knowledge?

My plant manager supports me working on a black belt project, but my company does not pay for six sigma training. I will pursue all testing, etc. without company assistance. I received my CQE a few years ago and decided it is time to get a new certification.

sgurusaran

Inactive Registered Visitor
What is the criteria for the ASQ Six Sigma affidavit signing Champion? Does that person need to be Six Sigma certified or could the person be an expert at your company with product and statistical knowledge?

My plant manager supports me working on a black belt project, but my company does not pay for six sigma training. I will pursue all testing, etc. without company assistance. I received my CQE a few years ago and decided it is time to get a new certification.

I don't think there is any criteria for anyone signing the affidavit. They should be the project champion and be in agreement with what you are saying. I certainly don't think the person signing it need to be a black belt.

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
I don't think there is any criteria for anyone signing the affidavit. They should be the project champion and be in agreement with what you are saying. I certainly don't think the person signing it need to be a black belt.

The person signing should be preferably from the management level - Project sponsor, Champion. Need not be a Black belt. I have an example of CSSBB affidavit. If anyone PM me with email address requesting a sample, I can mail to them. It is a one page PDF file that I prepared for the students that I teach CSSBB class.

Regards,
Govind.

G

Geoff Withnell

The person signing the affidavit does not need any particular statistical knowledge. The signer should be the process owner, manager or other senior person who has knowledge of the project's results.

Geoff Withnell

Top Bottom