Missing a Revision in a Document's Revision History

M

Marla Diaz

I'd like to know if you can still update a revision history when an auditor finds out that you missed one reason for revision. The Procedure has three (3) revision bars and the history states only two (2).

Thanks,
Marla Diaz

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
The answer is going to be in what your revision procedure says and: How do you track the changes - the list or the bars? If you have bars do you need a listing? Did folks get notified of all changes or just the two? Did any problems develop from this? Was the revised procedure with the 3 bars distributed (by paper or electronically) and/or posted?

At best an isolated instance would be a minor nonconformance anyway. Yes - revise the revision history. I cannot imagine why you could not.

D

Dawn

Why have a revision history separate? Why not keep it right on the last page of the procedure? To stay in compliance with revisions, I copy the revised procedure, attach a training record to the front, and send it around to employees who need the training. When it is all signed off and sent back to me, the old revision is discarded.

Top Bottom