If the Elsmar Cove Forums and Web Site was Yours, What would you do to Improve?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

BradM

Leader
Admin
Without any hesitation... nothing. You do a really good job here,Marc.

However, I will take it that you asked this as part of a genuine quest for improvement. I will think about it and see if I can come up with something.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Refine the search engine.
Can't do that. It's 'built in' vBulletin and I definitely don't have the knowledge to try to code something better. But, that is why, on the main search page, I put in a Google link to search the site. And, on top of searching the forum, the Google Search will search the whole site.

I do agree - The built in vBulletin search engine is poor.

G

Gert Sorensen

The only thing I would change is some of the layout. It could be a bit more appealing (read: easier to navigate). Other than that I like it :)

P

Phil Fields

Marc,
I mainly use the "Post Last 24 Hour" page. It would be nice to be able to start a new thread directly form that page.
Other than that, all is good.

Thank you for all of the work,
Phil

A

amanbhai

Something that could facilitate the new user... i.e. how to start a thread, how to take full benefit of this website.etc
Other than that it is good.:applause:

C

curryassassin

This site is tremendous. I would only ask that we all bear in mind, when we are giving advice, that there is such a huge variety in type and size of organisation and quality system, and it can be tough to interpret and implement the guidance that is given. Thanks.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin

Wow, if the Elsmar Cove Forums and web site was mine, I would be very happy and mimic the way Marc is adminsitering it. :D

This site is wonderful and really no major changes required. If I would really want to change, probably I would prominently have "ELSMAR COVE" mentioned. In the current scenario, it is hidden between Solutions, Post Attachment List, Failure Modes etc. All these refernces could be mentioned seperately at the bottom of the page.

Another suggestion would be the placement of advertisements. I feel instead of left side for ads, they could be made thinner and occupy both sides of the page view and the cove page could be in the middle.

Just these minor stuff. But the contents wise, this site is great.

BradM

Leader
Admin
Something that could facilitate the new user... i.e. how to start a thread, how to take full benefit of this website.etc
Other than that it is good.:applause:

Interesting. :yes:You know that we have all that? We have TOS, FAQ on starting threads, etc.

By your suggestion, maybe the site should do a little better of making it more obvious? Would that be accurate?

Top Bottom