Document Retention Guidelines as per ISO TS 16949

Can anyone share the Document Retention Guideline as per ISO TS 16949

Regards

Rizwans:thanks:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Dear All

How can I get the ISO/TS 16949 retention guideline for Documents?

Regards.

Rizwan :thanks:

When you say "Documents", are you referring to Records and their retention time? If so, ISO/TS 16949:2009 does not specify actual retention periods for records. The AIAG PPAP manual provides more specifics and the rest is up to your organization and the applicable customer requirements.

Stijloor.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Re: Document and Record matrix - A controlled document?

Can anyone share the Document Retention Guideline as per ISO TS 16949

Regards

Rizwans:thanks:
Do you mean the TS guideline? Or our own workplace guidelines?

TS 16949 has no specifics, only says "A documented procedure shall be established to define the controls needed..." and goes on to list types of controls. We determine retention methods and time frames based on customer requirements, our own needs to refer to history, regulatory requirements, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rizsa

Thanks for the reply

Its ok if specific requirement as per different Functions document ( HR,Finance,Engineering,Quality,Lab & so on) do not exist.

It means that i have to consider Our own requirement,Customer requirement & Regulatory requirement.

One more help - If record is system generated,is it required to mention the retention period for the same.

Rizwan :thanks:

R

rizsa

what is the Guideline in ISO/TS16949 for System Generated Reports

Hello,

Could anyone share the guideline with reference to ISO/TS 16949 for system generated Reports retention.:thanks:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: what is the Guideline in ISO/TS16949 for System Generated Reports

Hello,

Could anyone share the guideline with reference to ISO/TS 16949 for system generated Reports retention.:thanks:

See previous posts. Reports are often maintained as records. It does not matter if they are generated by a computer system (electronic) or manual (hard copy). The rest is up to you.

Stijloor.

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi everyone,
I would like to ask how do i keep statutory and regulatory documents and records? What is the specific requirements on how long i should keep these documents and records?
Thank you very much in advance for the usual prompt attention you will give this matter.
Best regards,
Raffy :cool:

S

samsung

Hi everyone,
I would like to ask how do i keep statutory and regulatory documents and records? What is the specific requirements on how long i should keep these documents and records?
Thank you very much in advance for the usual prompt attention you will give this matter.
Best regards,
Raffy :cool:

As a rule, decision regarding retention (or disposal) of documents/ records (especially the S&R ones) should be based on risk analysis. Question yourself as to what can happen if the records/ documents are not retained.

We never dispose off such documents since no body knows at which point of time these docs/ records are asked for/ referred to. It's not much troublesome to archive/ hard bind and keep them in safe custody.

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi samsung,
Thank you very much for your immediate reply.
In understand the need however, if we will retain this documents/records forever, we will have a problem for storage, as you can see our company is not that big to store all of those documents and records.
Raffy

Top Bottom