Quality Function Deployment (QFD) - Seeking information on QFD

Y

YKT

I've read about that QFD is a very powerful tools to analyse customer voices, measuring producer's capabilities, etc to produce a product that suits the customers (satisfactions) and at the same time increase profitability for the producer.

Anyway, there has been very little emphasis (or I may be wrong ? ) on QFD. People talking about TQM, ISO, TPM, TS, VDA, etc.. (all those technical jargons), but seldom I hear people mentioned about QFD.

I'm quite interested to learn more about this tool. It seems that a lot of brainstroming involves, with some matrix correlations , etc..
Hopefully there are more people out there have the same interests and keep this QFD rolling.....

Maybe for the starts, some of the experts can share some links, or some files on QFD....

Thanks a lot !

Douglas E. Purdy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Tutorial on Quality Function Deployment (QFD)

The House of Quality link provided by Claes (5th link down) has a link to a flash tutorial. It is a nice presentation on QFD.

***DEAD LINK REMOVED***

Doug

W

WALLACE

When I was coerced into a Six sigma course a few years back, I noted there was an emphasis on QFD as a source of collecting the voice of the customer (VOC).
In general, QFD is an excellent tool for gathering data to determine the VOC internally and externally. A lot of the publications that are available in the west don't do justice to this tool, I guess a lot of the intentions of this tool are lost in translation as, its origins like many heavy duty data collection tools are from the Japanese cultural aspect of quality that just simply doesn't key with the western business philosophy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Thanks for the links, folks!

I'd love to see something like the attached in English...

Attachments

• QFD pres210600 German-a.ppt
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,166
Marc said:
I'd love to see something like the attached in English...
So would I. As a matter of fact, I would happily settle for German. This presentation is however, unless I'm very much mistaken, written by a Belgian.

Still, I have to say that someone put a lot of effort into this one. Well done whoever it was...
:applause:
/Claes

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Marc said:
Anyone with thoughts on QFD?

We all talk a lot about QFD in Six sigma implementation and Product developments.
some of the common complaints against QFD are:
a. lack of time to conduct several meetings and update the houses of Quality on an ongoing basis.
b. lack of sufficient data to update competitive performance on What's and How's.
c. Getting stuck by trying to optimize 2 How s which are in opposite direction.

We read successful implementation in few articles and conferences.
Is there any one in Elsmar membership who has been successful in developing a product fully, utilizing the QFD methodology?

Did you counter these obstacles?

Any lessons learned that can be shared?

Govind.

B

Bill Pflanz

Govind said:
We all talk a lot about QFD in Six sigma implementation and Product developments.
some of the common complaints against QFD are:
a. lack of time to conduct several meetings and update the houses of Quality on an ongoing basis.
b. lack of sufficient data to update competitive performance on What's and How's.
c. Getting stuck by trying to optimize 2 How s which are in opposite direction.

We read successful implementation in few articles and conferences.
Is there any one in Elsmar membership who has been successful in developing a product fully, utilizing the QFD methodology?

Did you counter these obstacles?

Any lessons learned that can be shared?

Govind.

It does not appear that anyone ever took up Govind's challenge for a real example of QFD that was used in the workplace and not as just some theoretical exercise. Has any every used QFD and what experiences did you have?

Bill Pflanz

C

chaosweary

We have only used it as window dressing for automotive customers...sad to say...

Top Bottom