PEAR (Process Effectiveness Assessment Report) Requirements for AS9100 Registration

Q

Quality Bryan

I am leading a team tasked with taking a large manufacturing organization from ISO 9001 to AS9100 and have come to the stage where we must define which processes will require a PEAR (Process Effectiveness Assessment Report).

Are there any specific guidelines to choose these processes or any specifics that AS9100 auditors will be looking for (potential areas where we could miss the mark)?

We are attemtping to keep our processes under 10 if possible (preferably 5-8) and at a higher level (Production, Procurement, Project Management)but also cover the requirements within 4.1 and 7.1.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Bryan

R

Reg Morrison

Re: PEAR Requirements for AS9100 registration

It is CRITICAL that you understand that you DON'T have to use the AS9101 PEAR Forms. AS9101 does not apply to you, but, and instead, to your registrar.

Your registrar auditor is the one who will have to generate the PEAR forms, as part of their audits. According to AS9101D (where is E, btw?) the registrar auditor will have to generate a PEAR form for each of your processes that fall under section 7 of the AS9100 Standard.

You have to pay close attention to 4.1 and 8.2.3, especially the part that deals with how you monitor/measure the processes that comprise your QMS.

Q

Quality Bryan

Re: PEAR (Process Effectiveness Assessment Report) Requirements for AS9100 Registrati

Thank you Morrison.

We're looking at the PEAR process as an opportunity to learn what AS9100 auditors expect to see during the audit (defined key processes) and by performing a PEAR internally we can correct any deficiencies noted.

Thank you for bringing up the difference of AS9100 and AS9101 for auditors. I've seen this mentioned in other posts how it is easy to add requirements from other associated standards in our pursiut of AS9100 compliance.

Any lessons learned from the PEAR process are appreciated.

Pjservan

Involved In Discussions
Re: PEAR (Process Effectiveness Assessment Report) Requirements for AS9100 Registrati

You are on the right track. Your PEAR processes are your CORE processes (less than 10 works). Auditors are looking for most of theses processes to stem out of 7.0 Product Realization related activities.

Big Jim

Admin

You can use the PEAR on internal audits if you choose to. You don't need to. Evidently some certification bodies either do or did believe that internal audits required the use of PEARs.

Although 9101D limits the use of PEAR to product realization processes (section 7), 9101E, whenever it comes out, will require using a PEAR on management processes too. I have observed that some AS9100C auditors are already using PEARs on management processes.

I have also observed that some certification bodies are already requiring an enhanced PEAR, seemingly patterned after AS9101E.

Top Bottom