Refreshing Graphs and Minitab Templates

P

pjkbd

I need some help. I am trying to set up Minitab in a way that will allow me to basically create a template. I have to do many source release documents prior to PPAP and I want to create all the graphs I need then be able to replace the data and have the graphs automatically update.

I have already set the program to "automatically update graphs" by clicking on options in the tools tab and selecting graphics and other graphics options.

I created a project with all the graphs I needed and all the headings I needed in the worksheet. When I pasted new data into the worksheet the graphs did not update and the ability to manually update them was no longer available (grayed out).

What am I doing wrong? This would save me loads of time if I can get it to work.

Thanks in advance.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
I need some help. I am trying to set up Minitab in a way that will allow me to basically create a template. I have to do many source release documents prior to PPAP and I want to create all the graphs I need then be able to replace the data and have the graphs automatically update.

I have already set the program to "automatically update graphs" by clicking on options in the tools tab and selecting graphics and other graphics options.

I created a project with all the graphs I needed and all the headings I needed in the worksheet. When I pasted new data into the worksheet the graphs did not update and the ability to manually update them was no longer available (grayed out).

What am I doing wrong? This would save me loads of time if I can get it to work.

Thanks in advance.

Can someone help?

Thank you very much!!

Stijloor.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Which graphs specifically do you want to update?

This option is not available on all graphs. For example, a graph created as the result of a capability study will not automatically update while a scatter plot will update.

P

pjkbd

I think I figured it out. I don't believe Mini Tab can refresh cap studies (aluded to in the above post). So instead I have written a Macro to do what I want. Works great. I get about 30 graphs in 30 seconds.:tg:

Thanks for your help.

A

Allattar

Only Graphs created from the Graph Menus are able to be updated. Graphs from the Stat Menu are static and do not update.

With the exception of control charts. These do update.

Oszi Batyam

Registered
I think I figured it out. I don't believe Mini Tab can refresh cap studies (aluded to in the above post). So instead I have written a Macro to do what I want. Works great. I get about 30 graphs in 30 seconds.:tg:

Thanks for your help.
Do you by any chance still have that Macro?

Top Bottom