TS16949 Maintenance Objectives and Machine Downtime

Q

qualitymoron

re 7.5.1.4 what could be considered for a maintenance objective? Surely not wanting any machine downtime is one but how do you go about incorporating that into the system to satisfy the std?
:mad:

antoine.dias

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: TS16949 maintenance objectives

Welcome to the cove Qualitymoron.

First scroll down to the bottom of this page.
You will find some threads that get you started.

If you have more specific questions afterwards, I'm sure you will get help here.

Best regards,

Antoine

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
re 7.5.1.4 what could be considered for a maintenance objective? Surely not wanting any machine downtime is one but how do you go about incorporating that into the system to satisfy the std?
:mad:

Hello qualitymoron - I think your question is good, so I am not sure your web name is fitting:

1. First, forget about "satisfying the standard." That is the wrong first step. Understand the requirements of the standard, but focus on satisfying your business needs. Then, connect the dots to the standard.

2. Machine downtime is common but too broad. It includes many other factors - poor attendance, inadequate staffing, lack of orders, etc. A better focus for maintenance is "unplanned downtime due to maintenance issues." In other words, breakdowns.

3. Also, things like productivity improvements, ratio of PM vs. repairs are common.

Hope that is a good start.

Q

qualitymoron

Hello qualitymoron - I think your question is good, so I am not sure your web name is fitting:

1. First, forget about "satisfying the standard." That is the wrong first step. Understand the requirements of the standard, but focus on satisfying your business needs. Then, connect the dots to the standard.

2. Machine downtime is common but too broad. It includes many other factors - poor attendance, inadequate staffing, lack of orders, etc. A better focus for maintenance is "unplanned downtime due to maintenance issues." In other words, breakdowns.

3. Also, things like productivity improvements, ratio of PM vs. repairs are common.

Hope that is a good start.

Certainly points me in the right direction THANK YOU!
All I've got to do now is convince production this is a good thing...
:thanx:

Top Bottom