7' Alligator In Town

V

Valeri

Ralph Sulser asked me to attach this news article for your "chuckle". It was found in town less than a mile from his plant.

Attachments

• Gator.pdf
    864.1 KB · Views: 215
S

silentrunning

This bad boy was my fishing partner for a couple of hours last Saturday. He was about 2 feet shorter than my kayak and definitely made me nervous at times.

gator.jpg

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
That is why I stay away from the water down here!

Last Monday, they (police dept.) ran a bear out of town. First sighting was by a couple of joggers jogging around their subdivision (their circlular street measures 2 miles, a favorite of walkers and joggers) and then by some kids out riding their bikes (my youngest son was with this group). The PD just followed the trail of phone calls til they located the bear and then just kept it moving to the city limits and the nearest woods.

K

Kwilson

2 very good reasons to live in Buffalo, nothing like that ever happens here. I just get many Bambi's in my yard.

D

Dean Frederickson

This bad boy was my fishing partner for a couple of hours last Saturday. He was about 2 feet shorter than my kayak and definitely made me nervous at times.

gator.jpg

Believe it or not I have had worse fishing partners.

D

D.Scott

2 very good reasons to live in Buffalo, nothing like that ever happens here. I just get many Bambi's in my yard.

I grew up in East Aurora, about 20 miles from Buffalo. We had plenty of bear in the woods around South Wales and Emory Park. I remember a very large brown bear strolling down the center of Olean Road. I can also remember, when I was a kid, they found some very large alligators in the sewers in Buffalo and took them to the Buffalo Zoo.

As you say, the most common event is "Bambi" intrusion. We have had plenty of them in the center of town. I remember a large buck jumping through the plate glass window of Seaman Hood and Morey on Main Street. (is that an ad? sorry!! I think they are out of business though).

Dave

K

Kwilson

"Seaman Hood and Morey on Main Street" OK, It's been a very long time since you're lived here. I asked my mother about Seaman Hood and Morey, she muttered something incomprehensible and walked off. I think it was something about "kids or back in my day..."

Lake Placid?? Good movie, great area, but 5 hours driving from here.

Top Bottom