ASQ Certifications Sample Exams & Links

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
To all forum users:
ASQ has added sample exams for various certifications. In the past some members have mentioned that they were not able to locate these exams links. I thought it would be useful to consolidate the links of all Sample Exams in one sticky thread.
Regards,
Govind.

NOTE:

15 June 2010 - The links which were in this post have been removed. Apparently the ASQ has changed their web site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I concur that Govind is performing a useful and valuable service for folks who seek ASQ Certifications.

Non-ASQ members should be aware Govind moderates a Discussion Forum on ASQ certifications which is open to the general public on the ASQ website
Certification Discussion
The board is available to both ASQ members and the public to share information related to ASQ certification programs and processes. Moderator: Govindarajan Ramu
at ASQ Discussion Boards » Public » Certification Discussion
Frequently ASQ staffers post there with exact rulings on prerequisite qualifications to sit for the various certification exams as well as "inside" details on applying and time tables. Many members with certifications give study tips and study source material which helped them achieve certification.

Govind's Forum is the second most active in the ASQ Forums. The most active ASQ Forum (also public) is moderated by another Cove moderator, Steve Prevette. His Forum is
Ask A Quality Professional
This discussion board provides opportunities for the public and ASQ members to ask questions of their colleagues, ASQ staff, and ASQ leadership. Whether it's a challenge at the office, personal curiosity, ASQ business, or a desire to respond to questions, this board provides an open forum for questions and answers across the Quality spectrum. Moderator: Steven Prevette
at ASQ Discussion Boards » Public » Ask A Quality Professional
Steve's Forum is an eclectic one which ranges far and wide in topics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Some update to Certification Sample exam page

I just wanted to add an update here. I noticed that ASQ has transformed the collection of Sample exam question in the .pdf format to interactive exam.
Path: (4 mouse clicks to get to the page)
If you go www.asq.org , select Training and Certification from the sidebar menu, select Certification link on top, select a Certification exam, select 2. prepare for the exam link, you will interactive Sample exam link.

Example:
http://www.asq.org/certification/quality-engineer/prepare.html

You may not find Sample exams for all Certification exams. Some of the newer exams may not have enough questions in the bank to release 75 questions as a Sample Exam. You may have to wait until certification offering releases this feature. I have not tried this feature. If any one did, please add your experience in this thread.

I think this is a good feature but I am not sure if this was communicated through ASQ wire. For a non frequent ASQ web page visitor, this feature will not be obvious as it is 4 mouse clicks away from the main page. That is why I thought I should share with our quality community looking for Certification threads.

Regards,
Govind.

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Hybrid version to get around

Govind said:
........You may not find Sample exams for all Certification exams. Some of the newer exams may not have enough questions in the bank to release 75 questions as a Sample Exam. You may have to wait until certification offering releases this feature. I have not tried this feature. If any one did, please add your experience in this thread......
Regards,
Govind.

I keep getting mails from various certification exam takers about Sample exams for exams like CSSBB.

As I mentioned in the previous post, Sample exam questions were not released by ASQ at this point of time for fairly new exams.

Thinking further here is an idea to get around this.

Example:
CSSBB’s Body of Knowledge overlap with CQMgr and CQE is a known fact. Ref: http://www.asq.org/data/subscriptions/qp/2002/0502/qp0502cochrane.pdf

There are already sample exams available for CQMgr and CQE. Potentially one could review the questions from these 2 sample exams on the overlap zone and accomplish CSSBB Sample exam experience. One catch is the cognitive levels on various sections of Body of Knowledge may vary between different exams in the overlap zone. Well, something is better.

Hope this pointer is useful.

Regards,
Govind.

Antonio Vieira

Involved - Posts
Trusted Information Resource
Hi!:bigwave:

I’m a member of ASQ.
Where can a take the CQA examination near my country?
I was told that Spain is the nearest place where it could be done. Spain where, Madrid?
Is there any schedule for the realization of exams in Spain, if there will be any?

Thanks

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
António Vieira said:
Hi!:bigwave:

I’m a member of ASQ.
Where can a take the CQA examination near my country?
I was told that Spain is the nearest place where it could be done. Spain where, Madrid?
Is there any schedule for the realization of exams in Spain, if there will be any?

Thanks

You are right. I do not see Portugal in the International Certification Exam contacts. There are 2 contacts in Spain though.
http://www.asq.org/certification/docs/cqa_brochure.pdf
See Page 20.

In a previous occasion a similar question was raised by a COVE member from Australia, I checked with ASQ Certification offerings. ASQ replied “Thanks Govind- Yes, we will work with the person to find a proctor, even if it is for just one person...of course we would like more. Now, if there are several people in the surrounding areas, we will work to combine everyone to one site.”

So I would recommend you to write to ASQ Certification offerings to find out if they can arrange an exam center/proctor nearby.

Best wishes for your certification efforts.

Regards,
Govind.

R

roddyrod

Re: ASQ Certifications Sample Exams

I have submitted a proposal letter to asq in regards to looking into offering certification exams online. If accredited universities can offer exams and courses on-line to accomidate individuals with hectic scedules i think it shoud be available through an organization who believes in "continual improvement" to better serve its clients and/patrons. By so doing, im sure an advantage such as this would benefit current members of asq as well as those to become members in the future. Not to mention the incoviences such a option would illiminate such as not knowing where the exams would be administered if you live outside the united states. I ask those of you who think this would be a great advantage, to take a minute or two and express your thoughts to asq as well. i feel the more influence we could impress apoun the organization would increase the chances of it getting done. my main concearn was the disadvantage of having to wait another year before the exam is giving in your local state or chapter. some have the benefit of having their employers pay for the test and trip if they have to travel but not everyone wanting to take the exams are employed at the time. Especially with the condition of the econlmy, one may want to take it to increase their chances of getting a better job apoun employment. unfortunately they have to pay out of their pocket for travel expenses and the exam itself from an unemployment check. please feel free to write your opinions regarding my proposal to ask or join me with a letter of your own to express the need of "on-line certification" from asq.:agree:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: ASQ Certifications Sample Exams

I have submitted a proposal letter to asq in regards to looking into offering certification exams online. If accredited universities can offer exams and courses on-line to accomidate individuals with hectic scedules i think it shoud be available through an organization who believes in "continual improvement" to better serve its clients and/patrons. By so doing, im sure an advantage such as this would benefit current members of asq as well as those to become members in the future. Not to mention the incoviences such a option would illiminate such as not knowing where the exams would be administered if you live outside the united states. I ask those of you who think this would be a great advantage, to take a minute or two and express your thoughts to asq as well. i feel the more influence we could impress apoun the organization would increase the chances of it getting done. my main concearn was the disadvantage of having to wait another year before the exam is giving in your local state or chapter. some have the benefit of having their employers pay for the test and trip if they have to travel but not everyone wanting to take the exams are employed at the time. Especially with the condition of the econlmy, one may want to take it to increase their chances of getting a better job apoun employment. unfortunately they have to pay out of their pocket for travel expenses and the exam itself from an unemployment check. please feel free to write your opinions regarding my proposal to ask or join me with a letter of your own to express the need of "on-line certification" from asq.:agree:

1. How can ASQ assure that an online test is being taken by the applicant, and not a ringer or a group of ringers?
  2. How could time limits (given potential connection glitches) and acceptable reference materials be controlled?

Top Bottom