Preparing Quality Management System Reviews for the Executive Management Group

T

thbohnsack

I have been charged with the task of developing and preparing a review of the Quality Management System for the executive management group. Would anyone have copies of old Management Reveiw documents that they would be willing to share? I am interested in the formatting of the actual document and/or how my findings should be presented. I have a pretty decent list of things to use for data (NCR's, Internal Audits, Credits, RMA's, etc.). but just not quite sold on how to organize and present the data.

Can anyone help?

thanks,
:cfingers:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
I have been charged with the task of developing and preparing a review of the Quality Management System for the executive management group. Would anyone have copies of old Management Reveiw documents that they would be willing to share? I am interested in the formatting of the actual document and/or how my findings should be presented. I have a pretty decent list of things to use for data (NCR's, Internal Audits, Credits, RMA's, etc.). but just not quite sold on how to organize and present the data.

Can anyone help?

thanks,

Hello thbohnsack,

Have you searched here in The Cove for Management Reviews? I do have actual examples, but I can not share those for confidentiality reasons. What I have seen are PowerPoint presentations, (brief and to the point is better). Charts are always appreciated, especially if they show before and after conditions and possible year-to-date comparisons. If the various Process Owners make presentations during management review, make sure that they use a similar (data) presentation format. Good, timely, relevant performance data, summarized in a standard presentation format seem to work best. Please keep the 5.6.2 and 5.6.3 requirements in mind.

Good luck.

Stijloor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource

Can anyone help?

thanks,

What you have selected are good ideas to present. As Stijloor has suggested, the Power Point Presentations, short and to the point are the best way to present the information, in my opinion.

I would also suggest, that if you have Cost of Quality information (scrap and rework) would also be helpful. Remember, most Executives are more interested in the Bottom Line ($$$). Try to keep the presentation down to approx. 30 minutes.

C

C Emmons

I ended up organizing mine in a binder w/ tab sections for each of the required agenda items required - it allows me to collect information as it pertains to each area throughout the quarter (we do quarterly reviews).

T

thbohnsack

Thanks!

Good ideas, I had though that powerpoint would be the way to go.

C

CliffK

Why not just use the format and organization from the last review? Or is this the first one ever in the organization?

T

thbohnsack

Why not just use the format and organization from the last review? Or is this the first one ever in the organization?

This will be the first one ever completed here. I realize I am not going to be bulletproof out of the box, and that this will evolve over time.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
This will be the first one ever completed here. I realize I am not going to be bulletproof out of the box, and that this will evolve over time.

Hello thbohnsack,

Take a look at it this way...what if you could escape without "bullets?" If this is your first presentation to the executive staff, what a great opportunity to make a lasting impression! Who knows, it may advance your career....

Oh yes, a PowerPoint presentation...start with a "hook", what would catch these executives' interest? Now you have their attention!
Make a list of the point you're going to cover.
Cover them briefly. Keep moving..include dollars, benefits, etc.
When using benefits to emphasize a point, stress how the Customers benefit, your Organization, and its Employees.

Use color and some free downloadable clipart. Don't let the images distract from your message (I've seen great art and bad presenters).

Practice the presentation. Why not go for the best you can be?

Best to you.

Stijloor.

C

CliffK

Okay, but you only get one chance to make a first impression. (No pressure there, eh?) :notme:

Why don't you find out what your head honcho is interested in seeing, and present that?

The management review has certain required inputs, but you don't have to present them all during the meeting. (Heck, there doesn't even have to be a meeting, but that's another topic I suppose.)

Get your objective right out front: it's a status meeting. Say that, in a polished way, to your top exec, complete with eye contact. If (s)he buys it, you'll have a much easier time deflecting problem solving if it tries to rear its ugly head. If problem solving does break out, congratulations, you've just become a spectator in your own meeting.

So hit what management wants to see, hit the three or four things that you think are important (they should relate closely to the value stream, though) and make the document available for further review at the exec mgr's convenience.

Rehearse. Not just in your head, but out loud. Video yourself. Rehearse some more. Know your material cold, so if there's a question about one of the slides you elect to show, you know the answer. Numbers are important. If you show math, make sure it's correct. Then rehearse some more.

But here's what really concerns me: how is it that the person creating the management review is not aware of the concerns of top management?

Parenthetically yours and good luck, :)
Cliff Kachinske

Top Bottom