TS 16949 Surveillance Audit Frequency?

mazura

Registered Visitor
Dear All,

My organization has been certified TS16949 Certification in year 2007. Our organization been audited for Stage 1 audit in December 2006 and Stage 2 audit was done in March 2007

We have been certified in October 2007 after submitting all the nonconformities in June 2007.

From the rules, I understand the Surveillance audit shall be done at least once a year. If I not mistaken, usually the registrar will give 3+1 month for next surveillance audit.

So I want to know when will be our surveillance audit for year 2008?

Please help me on this issue.

Thank you

Mazura
Malaysia

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
The date that counts is the initial audit date in your case March 2007
From the rules
2.5 The entire quality management system shall be assessed at a minimum of once every three years.
The audit cycle shall be based upon the dates of the initial certification audit. The time interval between initial certification and re-certification audit or between two re-certification audits shall not exceed 3 years.

and from Annex 3

9. The number of surveillance audit days during the period of validity of the certificate shall be the number of initial audit days in the calculation illustrated in the table above. There shall be at least one surveillance audit per year (minus three months, plus one month). Surveillance audits shall be of equal duration and rounded up to the nearest half day.

These means you survellaince audit must be no later than April 2008

Top Bottom