Training Efficiency Assessment - Evaluate the Effectiveness (Clause 6.2.2 c)

S

Sardokar

Hello

I was wondering if we could share the ways we implement clause 6.2.2 c) of the Ressource Management paragraph: " evaluate the effectiveness of the actions taken"

More specifically i would like feedback on how you assess if the trainings given allowed the employee to improve his/her competence

I also would like your opinion on the form we are currently using to assess effciency of the trainings ( attached )... I think it's kind of OK but i would like some opinions on it ...

Could you share the forms your are using yourselves ?

* the problem we are facing is that sometimes it's very difficult to assess the efficiency of a training ... do ALL trainings that have for purpose increasing competence need to be assessed ?

How would you judge the effficiency of a training a sales executive takes about account Management ? Or about a new product he needs to start selling ? should we define some KPI ? problem is HOW do you chose which KPI to select and how do you make it quantitative ? it seems very subjective to me ...

What about people in the HR ? if they take a training to improve their HR competency (let's say training on recruitment) ...how would we judge the effectiveness of that ?

I don't know ...in a lot of cases this Training efficiency assessment seems very subjective to me :(

Help please :)

S

Sardokar

Re: Training efficiency assessment

Oops i forgot to attach the form we use :mg:

here it is

Attachments

• Training efficiency assesment.xls
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,008

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

Hi,
this is a neverending story.
A way to do this I have experienced and seen is through individual performance appraisal process.
In that process there are also item for personal development thorugh several way: training, coaching, councelling, on the job training, working and assignment on special project and so.
At the end of the year if the individual has reached the objectives, also thank to the training path designed and followed, the training could be considere effective. This is an indirect approach.
In the manufacturing there are certification after a period of training and on the job training, if the supervisor assesses that an operator is certified to work alone, the training has been effective, and the continual checking on him/her without mistakes from the personnel couldbe considered anothe way to assess effectiveness of the training.
For in class room traininng , you can use test and pre and post assessment for trainees.
There are several methods and each of them is up to the organization.
Hope this helps:bigwave:

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

Oops i forgot to attach the form we use :mg:

here it is

Only a suggestion: take into consideration to replace efficiency with effectiveness as ISO 9001 asks for.

Clearly, overall speaking you can consider the effectiveness and efficiency of the training process ( or activity), it depends on your QMS processes.
ISO 9001 only asks for effectiveness, but for continuous improvement it ok if the organization also looks at efficiency.
Besides, other standards like ISO TS , for instance, also requires for efficiency of QMS processes.:bigwave:

Top Bottom