Percentage of Class I Medical Devices in market - viz Class I, Class II and Class III

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Hi all,

Does any one has the percentage of different classes viz Class I, Class II and Class III amongst all devices in the market ?

I am looking for this information for a presentation.

Thanks

Last edited:

chris1price

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Percentage of Class I Medical Devices in market - viz Class I, Class II and Class

Hi

I recently had a similar query in a presentation. Based on the FDA Listing database, there are currently just over 105,000 devices listed,

Class 1: 69248 (65.7%)
Class 2: 32345 (30.7%)
Class 3: 1556 (1.5%)
Unknown: 2282 (2.2%)

If anyone has any numbers for the MDD classification in Europe, I'd be interested in seeing them.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Re: Percentage of Class I Medical Devices in market - viz Class I, Class II and Class

Thanks Chris1price. Do you have the weblink for the info ?

N

niksam

:applause:Hi Guys,

I appreciate the advice you give through this forum and i find it very informative.

N

niksam

I still am confused with the classification of my device, the device falls under invitrodiagnostic , and it is a filtration device to separate epithelial cells from urine for diagnosing cancer. if u could shed light on which class its falls , it would be grateful

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator

I still am confused with the classification of my device, the device falls under invitrodiagnostic , and it is a filtration device to separate epithelial cells from urine for diagnosing cancer. if u could shed light on which class its falls , it would be grateful
You posted this in another forum. Please don't post the same question in multiple forums. If you are not clear about the answer, please continue your discussion in the original thread.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin

Hi

I recently had a similar query in a presentation. Based on the FDA Listing database, there are currently just over 105,000 devices listed,

Class 1: 69248 (65.7%)
Class 2: 32345 (30.7%)
Class 3: 1556 (1.5%)
Unknown: 2282 (2.2%)

If anyone has any numbers for the MDD classification in Europe, I'd be interested in seeing them.

Hi Chris1price,

Do you have any updates for these figures ? Also could you manage to get numbers from Europe ?

:thanks:

chris1price

Trusted Information Resource

Sorry, I normally pull the data from the Registrations and Listing databases that can be downloaded from the FDA web-site. However, they are currently not available, and wont be up again until June 2008.

I don't have any EU information either. If anyone can find a source of this information, please pass it on.

Top Bottom