GRR (Gage R&R) Study for Digital Temperature Gauge

H

Hamed

Can any one help in answering the following;

How could GRR carried out for Digital Thermometer, Digital noise tester and torque wrench.

The digital Thermometer, digital noise tester will give the same result for all appraiser.
And the torque will be differ for same sample if repeated by one appraiser as the sample affected when apply torque.

Hamed

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Hi, Hamed -

I wish I could help but I am not really experienced with these gages. I'm just bumping the thread back to the top because the weekend is a bit slower than during the week and you'll probably get some responses from the experts now. :bigwave:

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Can any one help in answering the following;

How could GRR carried out for Digital Thermometer, Digital noise tester and torque wrench.

The digital Thermometer, digital noise tester will give the same result for all appraiser.
And the torque will be differ for same sample if repeated by one appraiser as the sample affected when apply torque.

Hamed

Torque must be approached using destruct testing gage R&R techniques - if you search this site you will find several threads addressing this.

for the thermometer and noise tester - there can be appraiser differences depending on how the devices are placed, set-up or how the appraiser sets up the test conditions. Certainly there will be repeatability based on measuring a functional characteristic as well as inherent rpeatability of the instrument itself. Perform the assessment just as you would for a static measurement. You can also search this site for 'non destruct' or functional gage R&R or use the term MSA / Measurement System Analysis. Also see Miner's blogs on the topic.

If you provide more specifics about what you are actually measuring and the instruments being used we can provide more direct advice on how to perform the studies.

S

statdoug

There is a company (AKO Torque) in Enfield, CT that offers a complete line of torque Wrench calibration systems. At a previous company, we purchased an automated torque tester from them that was useable for testing and verifying our regular torque wrenches. I would suggest contacting them for information. This does not provide you with a method for doing the destructive GRR, but it will allow you to establish sample populations that can be used for your evaluation. They may also have information on performing R&Rs on torque wrenches.

As far as the thermometer/temperature gage, is this a probe style gage or an atmosphere style gage, and at what temperature ranges are you looking?

T

tbsiva

GRR is done to find out the variation caused by appraiser & equipment on the measurement system. When u say that there is zero variation when it is handled by different appraisers, GRR is not at all required. But incase the measurement results depends on the way in which thermometer or temperature gauge is placed, absolutely its required.....

For torque wrenches, ofcourse I too feel that its not logical to perform GRR study and arrive at some conclusions as once u apply torque there are lot of chances that part gets affected....Decision on torque wrenches should be taken only based on calibration results...

May be, our experts can give some idea??

Top Bottom