Metal Stamping Tooling Transfer Checklist

D

denmar

Does anyone have a detailed stamping tool transfer checklist. I have many but none seem to cover all details involved with pulling tools from a supplier

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Stamping Tooling Transfer Checklist

Mainly you want records of maintenance and such as well as a 'last piece off' if you can get it.

I've pulled tooling but I never used a checklist. Is this a 'peaceful' transfer or a hostile transfer?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I've seen both. Once we had the police accompany us there. But I've seen peaceful transfers of tooling. I've also seen suppliers put a tool outside and tell a customer to come and get it.

K

Koivisto - 2009

I've seen three semis pull up and bring in rusted shut dies, secondary tooling, good dies, with the customer on the phone wanting deliveries within a week, all the while the sales guy is counting his commission and promising on-time delivery at rock bottom pricing. Oh, I was responsible for making the dies run and getting the material. Turns out the sales guy quoted progressive tooling, and the dies were mostly one hit with three different tools.

D

denmar

Most likely will be a hostile transfer, however, I have been through both types. I am looking for detailed checklist that would be for internal and well as external preparation prior to committing to transfer dies.
Example: Inventories committed to, ownership of fingers and bars, shut height, bed capacity, nitro cylinders(or not). Basically anything that would be important, as our company in the past did not cut detailed PO's or obtain die designs.
Any help/suggestions would enable us to pull from various checklist to come up with a solid list.

K

Koivisto - 2009

Off the top:
Shut height, die dimensions, mat'l thickness & width, die type, tonnage req't, nitro req't, air cushion req't, special feed req't, straightener req't, part number, rev level, mat'l spec, customer, die shape, how much cut edge is left, any special oil req't for die. Hope this helps.

H

Hogie

• [*]Complete tool drawings (hard copy & CAD files)
    [*]Tool installation / de-bug / qualification procedures (assuming they exist)
    [*]Spare parts list (whatever is "consumable" or high-risk repair / replacement)
    [*]Spare parts inventory
    [*]Spare parts supplier information (contact info, pricing, purchasing history)
    [*]Complete PM / tool service / repair records
    [*]Complete component QC records (inspection data)
    [*]Component-specific inspection fixtures, and their drawings
    [*]Retain sample strip (should represent the last material run off the tool)
    [*]Verify security / attachment of the tool to the shipping crate
    [*]Verify the shipping paperwork is accurate & complete (tool / asset #, customs declarations, bill-of-lading, correct ship-to address, etc.)

Top Bottom