Geomeasure CMM + Mitutoyo Bright-A910 CMM: Using a SCR200 Tool Changer

Q

QC Rick

I know we dont typically see posts for CMM information but other CMM forums are basically dead.
I am learning "GeoMeasure 6000" on a Mitutoyo Bright-A910 CMM with a Renishaw SCR200 Tool changer.

I am having dificulty using the tool changer, particularily when I want to change the length of "extensions" used for the probes.
Example: All the probes setup use a 100mm hard extension, this greatly limits the range of movement about the machine when the probe is articulated from 0,0. I want to switch to no "extension" thru what ever extensions I need at the particular time.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

MS NT4.0 (stop laughing)
Geomeasure 6000 v1.33.3 (I said stop laughing)
PH10T Renishaw head
TP200 body
SCR200 tool changer
And keyboard that probably weighs 5lbs (you can laugh now).

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
It's kinda late in the day on friday and this places really slows down during the weekend, so if no one replies by monday morning please come back and 'bump' the thread. No guarantees, but someone here might be able to help. Sorry I can't.

T

True Position

And keyboard that probably weighs 5lbs (you can laugh now).

How dare you besmirch the mighty IBM Model M! All 3 of my keyboards (home, CMM, work) are them! What's the born on date of yours? (label on the bottom)

As to your question, sorry, I don't know a lot about Mitutoyo CMMs, especially ones with a tool changer. I'll check my old Mitutoyo notes and see if I can find something, but unlikely.

Q

QC Rick

This one is called a Key Tronic and I can't cypher the myriad of numbers on the label. :cool:

AndyN

Moved On
Hey, Rick:

I used to work at Renishaw! Did you try talking to someone at their facilities in Hoffman Estates, Il? If you check out her website (I'm guessing you might not have) for the tel. number etc. they will have someone who can help you out.

M

mboucher

I used to worked for Mitutoyo and am very familiar with GEOMeasure. If you are setting up your probe calibration routine in Auto-Cal then just set up the probe system as it is on on your PH10.

If you have not worked with Auto-Cal it is the only way to setup the probe system. The other method of setting it up manually is the long way of doing it.

Let me know if you need help setting thing up.

Mark Boucher

Q

QC Rick

I used to worked for Mitutoyo and am very familiar with GEOMeasure. If you are setting up your probe calibration routine in Auto-Cal then just set up the probe system as it is on on your PH10.

If you have not worked with Auto-Cal it is the only way to setup the probe system. The other method of setting it up manually is the long way of doing it.

Let me know if you need help setting thing up.

Mark Boucher

I don't know how the original system was setup. I am using AutoCal to make probes and have been succesful, as long as I dont use the tool changer.
When using AutoCal it seems that extension lengths are ignored, the tool changer was originally setup with a 100mm hard extension and right now I am forced to live with that.

I can definately use soome help and I promise I will drink many beers in your honor if you do help! :lmao:

M

mboucher

Are you talking about the 100 PEL extension? If so, take it off and screw the TP200 into the PH10T and manually calibrate a 2mm x 20mm stylus.

You just need to setup the SCR Rack again without this extension.

Go to PRB / Meas SCR/MCR menu. Try the calibrated 2mm x 20mm stylus to measure the rack. Just follow the instructions to measure the rack. Don't worry it is easy to do. Just have bay 1 and bay 6 open the other bays are not measured.

Let me know if this helps,

Mark Boucher

Q

QC Rick

If this turns out to be this easy to fix, I am going to glue all my hair back on.....Then pull it all out again!

Q

QC Rick

Speaking of Calibrate, I have a Master Ball (Sphere, Artifact etc.) calibrated (as is when I started) but I noticed all the probes are approximately .039 below the equator when probing during stylus calibrating. It has not been a problem, I have completed a couple simple Gage R&R's and the CMM does output correct dimensions.

How do you calibrate a Master ball? Plus I am guessing I would have to recalibrate once I calibrate the tool changer? Assuming the original master was calibrated with the PEL extension.

Top Bottom