Internal ISO 9001 Audit - Process Audit Checklist

P

PeterDavid

Hey everyone. Can someone help or direct me as where and how i can find a process audit checklist for internal auditing. I have been given the task of spearheading all internal audits. :confused:

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Internal ISO 9001 Audit

Hi PeterDavid. Welcome to the cove.
The first place to look is up top of the main page.
Click on "Post Attachement List" and "More Free File" and scan the contents.
You can also search the entire forum - the search button is up to the right in the blue bar.

This outght to get you started. The come back and question away. There are a whole lot of ISO9001 veterans here.

P

PeterDavid

Thanks Scott,
I've been searching all the forums got some ideas as to how to approcah the auidt checklist.

What advice do you have for a young upcoming quality coordinator.:)

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator

Thanks Scott,
I've been searching all the forums got some ideas as to how to approcah the auidt checklist.

#1 - Get the company to pay for some training. Even if it's webinars or videos you can purchase and watch. Check out the ASQ's offerings to start:
http://www.asq.org/knowledge-center/iso-9001/index.html

#2 - Learn how to audit as well as how to implement.

#3 - don't be afraid to come here to ask questions and share your experience.

AndyN

Moved On

Thanks Scott,

Let me help you before you go too far...

If you have had (effective) training, the preparation of a checklist should have been covered in the course materials. If you haven't had training and you can't show competency in performing audits, you risk not getting much value out of your audit. I'm sorry to say that searching here for a checklist isn't going to do you much good, either.

If you are looking for a form to fill out with your own process information, that's a different matter, but expecting a checklist for your processes probably won't be found anywhere on the internet.

J

John Martinez

Hey everyone. Can someone help or direct me as where and how i can find a process audit checklist for internal auditing. I have been given the task of spearheading all internal audits. :confused:

I agree with Andy N. A checklist or turtle chart, without training on when or how to use it is useless.

A process audit checklist is usually developed by the auditor SPECIFIC TO THE PROCESS. Other than that, ANYTHING you find will be less than effective for your audits.

P

PeterDavid

Wow thanks guys,
To be honest i have had quite a bit of training but every time i try to implement something , i get shot down or there isnt a support structure in place.

The last training i went to was conducted by Dr. Paul Andre , president of AQE and that was the Lead Auditor .

Its like my brain is bursting with ideas, but a scott said , dont be afarid to implement.

AndyN

Moved On

Wow thanks guys,
To be honest i have had quite a bit of training but every time i try to implement something , i get shot down or there isnt a support structure in place.

The last training i went to was conducted by Dr. Paul Andre , president of AQE and that was the Lead Auditor .

Its like my brain is bursting with ideas, but a scott said , dont be afarid to implement.

I treat an audit like a shopping trip. I make a list (based on the process) of the things I want from the store. I put the list together so that I get what I want as I progress through the store. There are aisles I don't need to go into (pet foods, for example, I don't have pets) because it's not relevant. I pick up basics each time - milk, bread etc. These are the document/record controls etc. supporting any process.

Just like any grocery shopping trip, not all meals are the same. Each step along the way, you dig into the process, based on past performance, repeat problems, just as you spend a bit more time checking fruit etc. than cornflakes.

I've found this to work pretty well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom