How many Motorcyclists are in the Cove?

Do you ride/own a motorcycle? If so, what?

• Total voters
D

Dean Frederickson

Just curious as to how many quality people ride motorcycles and what type. I myself ride a 1996 wide glide made by HARLEY DAVIDSON. I ride as often as I can, living in Minnesota it's a short riding season, I have ridden in the winter months, as long as there isn't ice on the roads. I would like to post a poll but don't know how.( Ijust figured out how to start a new thread) What do you rideand why?

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator
Just curious as to how many quality people ride motorcycles and what type. I myself ride a 1996 wide glide made by HARLEY DAVIDSON. I ride as often as I can, living in Minnesota it's a short riding season, I have ridden in the winter months, as long as there isn't ice on the roads. I would like to post a poll but don't know how.( Ijust figured out how to start a new thread) What do you rideand why?

I'm so glad you posted this, Dean, because I've been curious about it, too! I am the new owner of a 2002 Kawasaki Vulcan 500. Living in NE AL, we have a long riding season, but lately we've had a lot of rain. Today is the first time in a couple of weeks that I've been able to ride. I love-love-love it!! :agree1:

Why do I ride? Mostly for the freedom I feel on the open road. There's something about riding a motorcycle that is liberating, much like riding horses (IMO). Of course, with the recent gas price increases, that is just another incentive to ride as often as I can. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Yamaha XJ750 (Shaft Driven). Had to lay it down in year 2000, broke my hip. Still feel the pain. :(

Crusader

I love bikes. I started out on off-road bikes - had several of those. But street bikes are my favorite. I have had in the past: 1) Yamaha FZR400, 2) Kawasaki ZX-750, 3) Ducati 851, 4)Suzuki GSXR-750, 5)Honda CBR900 and nearly (put a down payment on it!)purchased an Aprilla 1000.

My hubby and I both would really like to own the new Ducati 1098 - 2 of them! :drool:

I don't have any bikes right now but I still have my leathers! Yep that pic is me but I don't have all that dumb hair anymore. I had it all cut off. For a current photo, check out my Cove profile page.

Here is another motorcycle photo.

Attachments

• Ninja-Lee.jpg
    Ninja-Lee.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
how about an option on the poll that says "used to but sold it when I moved to the godforsaken state of NJ and now that I'm married the wife says "NO" to another".

:(

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator
how about an option on the poll that says "used to but sold it when I moved to the godforsaken state of NJ and now that I'm married the wife says "NO" to another".

:(

:lol: I can't help but laugh a little, Scott! My hubby thought he was going to "teach me a lesson" by making my last bike disappear (which, btw, was a 1981 Honda CM400). That was over 10 yrs ago - he recently let it slip that he'd done that, and I retaliated by buying my Kaw.....Do ya think he's gonna get to ride it?? :nope::nopity:

F

fuzzy

I have added a poll. Let me know if you want me to change the question/answers/format.

Craig,

Thanks for the poll but do you have something against Suzukis?

I hope I have my profile correctly update with the K6 V-Strom 1000 that I bought for my 50th B-Day last year, brandie new. After a year of stalling and idle problems,:mad::frust: my dealer replaced the ECU for the fuel injection and it's like I have a new bike.;)

There's some stat out there that NH has the most bikes per capita; true or not I like to repeat it:notme:. Live Free and Ride Hard :tg:

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
I used to ride all the time, but I shattered my knee and had to give it up. I did ride for about a year after my accident, but it was getting too hard to hold the bike up at intersections and I didn't want to be a danger to anyone else. I may, when my kids leave home, buy something on the smallish side and relive my childhood! I really miss it, I loved it.

K

Ken11

:thedeal: I've got a 2002 American Ironhorse Outlaw. Love it and ride as much a possible. Toured the factory in '02 before buying the bike and they have a great set-up going there.

After riding on the back of mine for a few weeks my wike took the motercycle training course here and bought her own Ironhorse. Her first motorcycle, she loves it. Both bikes have 107 cu/in motors.

Top Bottom