PREVENTIVE ACTION - Separating Corrective & Preventive Action. What am I gonna do?

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
PREVENTIVE ACTION

I'm a little bit confuse now since I already generated a new procedure for Corrective Action. As I've work on the said procedure, it seems that something is lacking. Based from the new standard, ISO9001:2000, there were 6 procedures are required, separating Corrective to Preventive Action. What am I gonna do with it? Can I have the same specs which named as Corrective and Preventive Action Procedure, paraphrasing the new standard, thus a new revision would appear. During audit, does the auditor would ask the same procedure? Please comment.
Thanks in advance.
Raffy
[email protected]

V

Vash Stampede

Hi Raffy,
I think you're problem is that you over-do your document instead of making it simple. IMHO, you don't have to separate the CAPA into one separate document, as Corrective Action. Instead, if you are a ISO9001:1994 Certified, you should stay the specs as is from 4.14 Corrective and Preventive Action, since in auditing, auditors would just ask you how do you ensure the effectiveness of your corrective and preventive action? When its close, you must audit it once more, if there were no problem occured with the same problem.
I hope this helps.
Vash Stampede
[email protected]:cool:

A

Al Dyer

Raffy,

Think of it this way:

Write the procedures and instructions that work for you and the entire company. If all requirements are in one document, so be it. It is up to you to design your system to make it work with the current and future employment base you have and will hire.

Are there minimum requirements, of course, but don't let them limit your thinking.

As an example, in a QS system I was involved with we had 5 procedures for 4.15, because there were 5 sections. They could have been covered by one procedure and additional instructions as needed.

At the time it seemed a good way to go. At another company it might be the wrong way to go.

I guess to wrap it up, let your mind do the work and not the requirements. There are what, 20,000 companies that are registered to a system, and believe me, they do not all do it the same way.

Sure I've been away for awhile, but I feel much better now!

ASD...

Top Bottom