ANSI-RAB NAP (Registrar Accreditation Board) Registrar Suspensions

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
cracking the whip?

Interesting to see that some Registrars have had some accreditations (partially) suspended by the ANSI-RAB NAP.

To find it, do a search in the QMS registrar directory maintained by the RAB

J

JodiB

Interesting indeed.

1)It looks like RAB has reversed its stance on not making suspensions public. About time.
2) Also appears that RAB is willing to suspend accreditation under some circumstances. Maybe not in enough cases, but at least it's a beginning.

S

Sirlard

Help I don't see what you two do. I went to the site but came up empty handed. Could you please give a better map of where I need to go? Thank you.

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Go to the list of registrars, then go down just past the IAF scope categories and it will tell you. American Global Standards and and the last is Perry Johnson!!!!!!! I believe there are five. If you go to the news letter for winter 2003 on page 4, I believe, it will tell you various reasons for withdrawls or suspensions.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Maybe you can provide a direct link to what you're reading. I Googled around a bit and came up with this:

From the PJI website: "Is there a clear division of responsibilities between registration and consulting?
As a registrar, Perry Johnson Registrars does not engage in any consulting. There is a company with a similar name, Perry Johnson, Inc., that does provide training and consulting services. The two companies are completely separate operations, but share a common owner, not unlike many of our competitors. Every step has been taken to ensure audit independence and impartiality. These steps have been reviewed and approved by official accrediting bodies worldwide (i.e., RvA, RAB, TGA, DAR, UKAS, JAB and INMETRO)"

From the RAB site when looking for a QMS registrar:
The following registrars have been accredited (unless noted as an applicant) in the National Accreditation Program, a joint program of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Registrar Accreditation Board (RAB).

Perry Johnson Registrars, Inc.
Terry Boboige
26555 Evergreen Road
Suite 1340
Southfield MI 48076
United States
Phone : 800-800-7910
Fax : 248-358-0882
Other qualifications :
AS9000
AS9100
QS-9000
QS-9000 TE Supplement
TL 9000

Effective 24 March 2003 PJR's ANSI-RAB NAP AS9100 Accreditation has been suspended. While suspended PJR will not be able to issue any new ANSI-RAB NAP AS9100 accredited certificates.

A

Al Dyer

I have peace now!

I have dealt with and disparaged PJ for years now (as many others have) and now have the pleasure of knowing that a past employer has finally found that they cannot buy the certificate forever. I feel I have been vindicated, at least in my own mind.

Seriously though, I hope the RAB and others will continue to act as they should and take complaints seriously and really investigate some of these registrars, but don't forget that there are AUDITORS that are involved in the process. These auditors are the ones we should be wary of and investigating.:biglaugh:

A

Al Dyer

By the way, I have met Perry on a few occasions and he is one smooth operator and very rich. He lives about 20 miles from me in a very nice ESTATE.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Law & Order

For those of you who have access to Quality Systems Update publication, don't miss this month's issue. They have an article concerning a law suit brought on to the ANSI-RAB by a registrar mentioned in this thread.

The case was settled out of court, according to the article.

Due to copyright issues, I can not post the article here . . .

Their website is www.qsuonline.com, but the article is only available online for subscribers.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
dynamic content

According to the RAB website data, all ANSI-RAB NAP accredited Registrars have a "clean bill of health". No partial suspensions listed anymore.

Top Bottom