Special Characteristics Symbols in The Control Plan

R

rui12524

As TS oblige us to identify special characteristics here is the question: I believe that every thing that is in the control plan is important, so I see no need in classifying internally (meaning my company internal requirement) the characteristics as Significant Characteristic or Critical Characteristic, for instance. I think that if an auto customer identifies a Characteristic as Significant, the question is clear. If other customers don’t say anything, why the heck should I have the trouble in identifying them? The way I see it is as follows: if I think a process or product Characteristic is important enough to deserve a special kind of monitoring or control, I identify it (we use the famous key) and I have to control/monitor it; if the Characteristic is “less” important I don’t identify it in any way.

The APQP Manual in page 41 (21) says that “use the appropriate classification… to designate the type of special characteristics or this field can be left blank for other undesignated characteristics”.

Comments are welcome.
:smokin:

N

noboxwine

HERE IS WHAT I HAVE DONE IN AUTOMOTIVE. IN THIS COLUMN I ALWAYS INDICATED THE BALLOON # THAT CORRESPONDS TO THE DWG. THIS ALWAYS MAKES SEARCHING FOR A DIM MUCH EASIER. AND THEN, IF THE DWG INDICATES SPECS AS SAFETY-CRITICAL, KEY CONTROL CHARACTERISTIC (KCC), KEY PRODUCT CHARACTERISTIC (KPC) OR A CHARACTERISTIC REQUIRING SPC, THEN I ADD IT TO THE CONTROL PLAN BESIDE THE BALLOON # ACCORDINGLY. IF THE CUSTOMER DOESN'T SPECIFY ANYTHING ELSE, THEN I ADD NOTHING BESIDES THE BALLOON. HOPE THIS HELPS. HAVE A DAY. :bigwave:

T

Tereventure

What if the the characteristic is marked as conformance, how do I classify it on the control plan, with a "C"? Please help

A

adamsjm

May I suggest starting with brief DFMEA and PFMEA training. Then hire a professional FMEA facilitator in order to understand CC, SC, OS, and PC (or HI) significance.
You can then determine what additional training and experience may be needed.

Great DFMEA's and PFMEA's lead to razor sharp, effective and efficient improvement activities.

Top Bottom