Printing Industry Quality Control Traveler / Checklist needed

P

Patriot1 - 2008

It has been a while since I've been able see whats' going on in "The Cove"
I previously had asked for input on Checklists relating to the Printing Industry Process. I want to Thank those who replied. Printing is so custom. From job to job, I mean. The procedures I have assisted in writing, along with The WIs. Are the same. When a Press operator is running a Printing Press they are generally looking at the same set of variables. Ink water balance halftone three quarter tones mid tones solids and so on. I wanted to make changes to Our Internal Quality Document. Job Traveler as some would identify with. Our document has become obsolete, because of new equipment and so on.Is there a Commercial Printer out there in the world, somewhere ?? A Quality Control checklist that travels with the job from start to finish. I have run into some mental blocks. Should I just let the employees write it ? They deal with it many times a day. I am open to any ideas.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Is there a Commercial Printer out there in the world, somewhere ??

Hello Patriot1,

Please see my earlier post here: Printing-Sheetfed-Web-Print Finishing - How Many are ISO Registered?
You'll find Commercial Printers that are ISO 9001:2000 registered.

Also, many States have organizations in which printers collaborate and share information. For example, in North Carolina we have PICA Check them out! They'll be able to get you in touch with a colleague.

Hope this helps!

Stijloor.

P

Patriot1 - 2008

Thank You, Sir

I have utilized the Local Industry Organizations, awaiting reply.
It is tough with most, Proprietary Documents etc. Thanks

Top Bottom