Work Order Form for Offset Printing Services advice needed

O

opengrace

Hi expert,
I have a little problem,
We are doing Offset Printing Services,
everyday we are printing many custom by inquiry customer.
Passed we not use work order form to operator printing machine. We do writing note only.. small note.
Now we try using form, and now new problem cames out.
1. Finance don't want expense the form because to many form if we use it. 25 sheet form 3 duplicate with Legal size for per day
2. The Head of production can't spend the time for writing the form. because to busy.
How to approch them to understand ?
I don't know what should i do ?

thanks

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator
Hi expert,
I have a little problem,
everyday we are printing many custom by inquiry customer.
Passed we not use work order form to operator printing machine. We do writing note only.. small note.
Now we try using form, and now new problem cames out.
1. Finance don't want expense the form because to many form if we use it. 25 sheet form 3 duplicate with Legal size for per day
2. The Head of production can't spend the time for writing the form. because to busy.
How to approch them to understand ?
I don't know what should i do ?

thanks

Welcome to the Cove! :bigwave:

Would an electronic "paperless" work order system be a better option for your company's situation? Perhaps your IT department can develop a program that will suit your needs and satisfy the finance department's expense concerns, as well. :cool:

Depending upon your company's needs, an Excel spreadsheet may even work. Just a couple of suggestions to consider. :) I hope this helps.

O

opengrace

Sorry Sir, my employees can't use computer for this thing..
Maybe any suggestion for me ?

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hi expert,
I have a little problem,
everyday we are printing many custom by inquiry customer.... <snip>.

Use a small pre-formatted white board that travels with the job. All essential information will be written in with a dry-erase marker. After the job is completed, the board is cleaned and reused. Simple, cheap and effective.

Stijloor.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
is it must for use paper work to do that or not ?

If you look for something simple and there is no requirement to maintain a record, the small white board (or similar) could work. However, if records need to be maintained, then you must create a simple (paper) form that after completion can be filed away.

Stijloor.

M

meimei

Hi opengrace,

Previously, our customer service use to photocopy the work order form. Just prepare a standard format using excel , which you may include: customer's name, product description, control number, order qty, produced qty, type of ink, paper, number of ups, your simplify manufacture process.

In addition, you may re-produce the written form with different colour for individual deptment.
Sorry that I don't have it in soft or hard copy as I had left the company long ago.

Rgrds
meimei

J

JamesScott

No matter you need Offset or Screen printing all options should available with online printing company that you chose for your project

T

tamale

Traditionally in a small to large job printing company a «job bag» or «docket» is used. It's a very simple concept, the form you speak of is printed on a large brown envelope. Or some companies just tape the form to the envelope.

The information in entered on the printed envelope, samples, models, and related documents are in the envelope. This way the pressman has everything he needs to complete his work.

It' works very well, and it gives you a medium to store the job information for repeat work.

The following link is a good example of what you could include.

http://www.printms.net/product2.htm

Hope this helps :D

Tamale

Top Bottom