Preparation for AS9100B conversion to AS9100C

R

Ricko1

We were certified to AS9100B last March (2010), and were aware at that time that revision C was soon to follow. I asked our registrar when we would be audited to the new revision and the answer was between 07/01/2011 and 07/01/2012. Does this sound correct and if so, should I currently be involved in revising current documentation to meet the requirements of the new rev C?

One of my problems is that we hired a consultant (^%#%^@%@#$) to assist me with obtaining certification on the fast track. Believe me when I say this was certainly not the route I had in mind. Due to this fast track implementation, most of our procedures reflect many flaws that I am in the process of correcting. My thought is to not wait until 2011 or 2012 to begin this process. I welcome any/all recommendations, simpathy, prayers, etc.

Thanks in advance.........

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I asked our registrar when we would be audited to the new revision and the answer was between 07/01/2011 and 07/01/2012.
You can transition your AS9100B certificate to Rev. C anytime you want, as long as your registrar has been approved for it and your registrar auditor has been qualified and is listed in OASIS as approved to perform audits to the 2009 Edition of AS9100. Check the respective entries in OASIS.

As for the IAQG (current) deadlines:
transition-2010.gif

AndyN

Moved On
As always............thanks Sidney!

Yup, Sidney has it! What you were told seems a little bizarre - the time frame's extended. For example, NQA is on track to offer registrations from around the beginning of September this year. Of course, when you choose to go is going to be dependent on the evidence available of meeting the requirements etc. I sympathize regarding the consultant. I guess you didn't hire them directly? As in it wasn't your choice? There are others who do know their stuff, of course. If you're having to do so many corrections, aren't you getting some money back?

P

Phiobi

Over here at the moment I have not found a company yet that will confirm AS9100C before November, due to the slow role out of training in the UK.

Hopefully we (UK) can start using Rev C in 2010 and get everybody updated to the new standard.

R

Ricko1

Good morning Andy!

The owner of our company had one single goal in mind - to become certified ASAP.

I was given a name and number to contact and make arrangements for a quote. So yes, I can thankfully say that I had nothing to do with the final selection of who to use as a consultant. The owner got what he wanted.......the cert on the wall, and I got tasked with the cleanup as a result. As far as I know the consultant was paid in full. IMHO, the owner got taken to the cleaners.

Oh well, water under the bridge at this point.

Top Bottom