SAE AMS 2750D - Pyrometry - Heat Treating - Does anyone know of a good class?

D

dbzman

I just purchased a copy of AMS 2750D. Does anyone know of a good class in this standard?

I need to gain a better understanding of this standard since I am doing Internal Audits at Heat Treating plants.

Does anyone have the change list that is on the Metal Treating Institute website?

Thanks!

K

Koala

Class

I have heard that the January Heat Treating (task group) meeting from PRI is being moved from the usual Tempe, Arizona to Redondo Beach- not sure if that is true or not. (Hopefully the facilities will be larger- they were really running out of room at the Tempe hotel they were using). You could always confirm that with PRI. I have also heard that the Pyrometry for Dummies class is going to be focused on the AMS 2750 rev D. Again, I just heard this, I can't confirm this- try calling PRI to confirm this.
Best regards.

K

Koala

Class

ps- I should have been clearer- the Pyrometry for Dummies Class is taught at the task group meeting.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Class

Update:

SAE AMS 2750D - Pyrometry

Publication Date:
Sep 1, 2005

Scope:

This specification covers pyrometric requirements for thermal processing equipment used for heat treatment. It covers temperature sensors, instrumentation, thermal processing equipment, system accuracy tests, and temperature uniformity surveys. These are necessary to ensure that parts or raw materials are heat treated in accordance with the applicable specification(s).

This specification is not applicable to heating, or to intermediate thermal processing unless specifically referenced by a material or process specification.

This specification applies to laboratory furnaces to the extent specified in 3.6.

R

RosieA

One of my guys and a couple metallurgists from another division of my company did a seminar last February given by Doctor Furnace, Inc. They spoke highly of it.

Here's the email contact info I have: [email protected]

Top Bottom