What are GM's (General Motors) color codes?

ozziegood

Registered Visitor
Does anyone know where I can obtain a list of GM color codes? We have 2 new colors (Cocoa and Lt. Titanium) we are going to run but our customer cannot tell us what the color codes are. They keep telling us it's the material spec. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Marie :D

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: What are GM's color codes?

Does anyone know where I can obtain a list of GM color codes? We have 2 new colors (Cocoa and Lt. Titanium) we are going to run but our customer cannot tell us what the color codes are. They keep telling us it's the material spec. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Do you have GM standards for the colors in question (e.g., plaques or swatches)? If so, the identification information should be on them. If not, how are you going to do color matching without standards?

Randy

Super Moderator

How about asking GM?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

How about asking GM?

That's always a possibility, but in my experience, GM would tell the tier 2 supplier (apparently what the OP is) to ask the tier 1. Also, the tier 1's frequently get testy when sub-tier suppliers go over their heads. Sometimes the only way to get the specifications or standards is to refuse to do any work without them.

Manix

Get Involved!!!
Trusted Information Resource

Are you a Tier 2? I would echo what has already been said. You need to have the plaques and specific colour data to be able to meet the colour requirements! So you will need the codes from the customer.

From experience the only way you can get these codes and plaques etc.... is from the respective GM Colour and Trim engineer.

Colour is very region specific, so there is not one central location with all GM colour codes, that I know of, anyway. I have just dealt with some specific GM colours for GM in Asia/Pacific region and I had to get official release from an engineer from that region. They don't release them easily so good luck!!!!!

C

cheryl mcguire - 2008

Check on the APOP's approvals.

M

moiraknows

Welcome to the Cove, Cheryl :bigwave:

I can't for the life of me remember what "APOP" stands for. Could you explain?

I know that this is off topic but, I, as I am sure others as well, would appreciate definitions for ALL of the acronyms used in here. I have wanted to ask many times!

C

cheryl mcguire - 2008

Apperance over plastic paint system I believe. All colors have them if you are plastic, I do not know what the other substrate approvals are.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Apperance over plastic paint system I believe. All colors have them if you are plastic, I do not know what the other substrate approvals are.

Ah, now it's coming back. That would be Appearance Paint Over Plastic, iirc, for instances when cosmetic approval is needed for plastic parts that are painted (as opposed to "molded in color").

Top Bottom