Differences - ISO 9001 vs. QS-9000 vs. TS16949

P

peach

I am new here, i posted a thread before and when i checked that now it says it is moved.. i dont know why the moderators moved it..
Now i need some more help, please help me.
i have some doubts about ISO,
Can i know what is the difference between ISO, QS and TS,, also what happend to ISO 9001,9002 and 9003. one of my friend told me that now there is only one standard called 9001 for all the companies. Is it true?
Also i heard that QS and TS are made by ford,chrysller, and GM not the ISO organization. is it true?
thanks in advance,

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
peach said:
I am new here, i posted a thread before and when i checked that now it says it is moved.. i dont know why the moderators moved it..
Now i need some more help, please help me.
i have some doubts about ISO,
Can i know what is the difference between ISO, QS and TS,, also what happend to ISO 9001,9002 and 9003. one of my friend told me that now there is only one standard called 9001 for all the companies. Is it true?
Also i heard that QS and TS are made by ford,chrysller, and GM not the ISO organization. is it true?
thanks in advance,
Apparently, one of the Moderators moved your post to a Forum dedicated to questions from students here http://elsmar.com/Forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106

Essentially, the questions you have asked,
  • first, about V1000 audits (where you got answers you didn't have the courtesy to acknowledge.)
    and now,
  • about the basic differences between ISO, QS and TS
    and
  • about ISO 9001,9002 and 9003,
display a lack of basic research on your part and a general lack of effort to ferret out information the way we normally expect students to perform.

When you write, "one of my friend told me that now there is only one standard called 9001 for all the companies. Is it true?"
you should have first asked the "friend" where he got his information before running to someone else (a stranger) for confirmation or denial.

The first place you should have gone for a description of up-to-date information on ISO was its home page http://www.iso.org/iso/en/ISOOnline.openerpage
Then, after reading the information available from the prime source (ISO), you could have come here and asked for help in interpreting what you read.

Odds are one of the moderators will move this thread over to the student Forum as well - I think it belongs there.

If you interpret this thread as a "scold," you are correct, but do not interpret a "scold" to mean I or anyone else here in the Cove is mad at you. We want to help you become a good student. One of the best ways to become a good student is by learning how to do research, not asking someone else to GIVE you the answers.

Think of it as a variation of the morality story:
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for one day. Teach a man to fish and you will feed him for life."

P

peach

THanks for the reply... :thanx:
i will do the reasearch and will get back if i still have doubts :D .
anyway thanks once again

regarding posting here instead of student lounge..
that was a mistake sorry about that.

Top Bottom