Review/Revision and Approval sections of SOP's and WI's

S

SJWoodcox

Am new to my current industry which is food processing, currently we are governed by SQF. My question is several of the SOP's are 10-11 years old so what happens when your last page is full of review, approval signatures, do you just keep on adding lines until the end of time? :confused:

Doug Tropf

Quite Involved in Discussions
Am new to my current industry which is food processing, currently we are governed by SQF. My question is several of the SOP's are 10-11 years old so what happens when your last page is full of review, approval signatures, do you just keep on adding lines until the end of time? :confused:

We remove any revision related lines that are over 5 years old.

D

DrM2u

It is up to you to decide how many revisions to keep as part of the document change history. Whatever you decide, make sure that it is reflected in your document & record control procedures. I have seen documents with lengthy (and non-value added) histories of changes & approvals and I have seen documents that reference only the latest change date w/o any details. In the last example, the previous version of the document is retained as a record for reference purposes and records are retained for a period of time defined in the procedures. There might be additional regulations & requirements applicable to product-related documents but that's some homework for you to do. :)

Bottom line, it is up to you to decide. Do not hesitate to change your procedures to fit your needs.

Top Bottom