Quality Policy in Holding Company vs. Quality Policy for all Subsidiary Companies

MVladimir

Involved - Posts
Friends!
Can the Quality Policy of management (i.e. mother’s) company (in holding company) be the Quality Policy for all subsidiary companies without any modification?

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Friends!
Can the Quality Policy of management (i.e. mother’s) company (in holding company) be the Quality Policy for all subsidiary companies without any modification?

It depends. You need to look at it on a case by case basis. Often companies grow and when they formulated their first quality policy, they could have not imagined where they might be several years down the road. Sometimes, they diversified into unrelated industries or businesses.

At other times, they could already be a matured group when they first formulate their quality policy. In which case, they could take into account all the subsidiaries.

T

Ted Schmitt

Friends!

I´ll go along with Harry... it depends....

The quality policy should be aplicable to the organization (5.3 a). Do the subsidiary companies manufacturer the same products? If they don´t, then right there you have a NO for your question.

5.3 C) states "Provides a framework for establishing and reviewing quality objectives"... the quality objectives may be different also.... so another NO to your question.

Paul Simpson

Friends!

Look at it another way. Can the policy of the subsidiary be significantly different from the parent? There shouldn't be too much difference.

harry

A good pointer from Paul especially if you look at the generic policy (containing the ISO requirements of continual improvement and customer satisfaction) that many organizations adopted.

Top Bottom