Quality Management Exam Question - Verification of a few answers

J

jamesjames

have an exam coming up. i have a very basic understanding of QM and need verification of a few answers to questions. any help would be awesome, thanks a lot.

1. List 4 common ways of implementing Quality Management

2. List and Discuss any 4 benefits of Quality Management

3. Name and discuss 4 core quality concepts

4. How a Quality Control System is developed through excellence

5. Explain how Quality Management Systems get recognised

6. Explain what are some more important roles of a successful Quality Manager

7. What are more important roles of a successful Quality Management department. Give one example of your answer.

8. What are some of the more important roles of a successful ‘QM department’ give one example of your answer

9. What are some of the imperative issues in “global quality in the 21st century. Provide an example.

J

jamesjames

Quality Management Implementation

what are 4 common ways of implementing quality management? thanks!

tony wardle

Registered Visitor
Re: Quality Management Implementation

Are there common ways? :confused:Implementation depends on your business complexity, maturity of the staff, resource availability etc. Are you asking how to or what to? Quality management exists even where no system is documented - simply by the fact that people do something for remuneration. The business expects some value for the money they spend.

Re: Exam question help

Welcome to the Cove, James :bigwave:
have an exam coming up. i have a very basic understanding of QM and need verification of a few answers to questions. any help would be awesome, thanks a lot.
Ok, first lesson: As Sidney suggested, it may be a good idea to bring forth your own suggested answers first. Then we can proceed from there. Don't get us wrong: We are willing to help you out, but we will not do your assignment for you.

/Claes

reynald

Quite Involved in Discussions

Welcome to the Cove, James :bigwave:Ok, first lesson: As Sidney suggested, it may be a good idea to bring forth your own suggested answers first. Then we can proceed from there. Don't get us wrong: We are willing to help you out, but we will not do your assignment for you.

/Claes

Also the questions are very subjective (at least from my point of view), and therefore the answers maybe very textbook specific. Even if we give an answer those may not qualify since your prof may be looking for an answer that serves like a proof that you read a reading assignment.

J

jamesjames

totally understand what you're saying thats fine!

dont get me wrong, its not like i've done nothing all semester.. the above questions are just what we've been told to learn.

as you can see the questions are somewhat ambiguous and open to ones own interpretation; was really just after a second opinion. The notes we've been provided with dont offer much assistance either.

1) List 4 common ways of implementing quality management

Figured it might have something to do with management taking responsibility for change, resource management, process management, finally measurement and data analysis. whilst continuous improvement is conducted throughout? Even quality planning?

2) Name and discuss 4 core quality concepts

Perhaps... TQM, QA, QC, Continuous Improvement?

or even six sigma, zero defects?

can anyone offer any more help! that would be great thanks!!!

U

Umang Vidyarthi

totally understand what you're saying thats fine!

dont get me wrong, its not like i've done nothing all semester.. the above questions are just what we've been told to learn.

as you can see the questions are somewhat ambiguous and open to ones own interpretation; was really just after a second opinion. The notes we've been provided with dont offer much assistance either.

1) List 4 common ways of implementing quality management

Figured it might have something to do with management taking responsibility for change, resource management, process management, finally measurement and data analysis. whilst continuous improvement is conducted throughout? Even quality planning?

2) Name and discuss 4 core quality concepts

Perhaps... TQM, QA, QC, Continuous Improvement?

or even six sigma, zero defects?

can anyone offer any more help! that would be great thanks!!!

Four simple steps of quality management are:

1. Identify - Determine what you want to improve.

2. Analyse - Understand the problem

3. Develop - Hypothesize about what changes will improve/solve the problem.

4. Test/Implement - Test the hypothised solution to see if it yields to improvement. Based on the results, decide whether to abondon/ modify or implement the solution.

Four core quality concepts:

This is based on Daniel Ofman's theory on 'Core Quality'. This is comprised of four concepts: Core quality - Pitfalls - challenges - Allergy.

1. Core Quality: This is an individual strength, a person is good at, which can either be developed or suppressed; viz: Decision making, Flexibility etc.

2. Pitfalls: This is a transformation of core quality. When positive aspect is overstretched, it turns the strength into weakness; viz: Quality of being helpful turns into meddling.

3. Challenge: This is opposite (positive) of pitfall viz: The challenge in a nagging person is patience (and the core quality decisiveness), id est. 'It is not necessary to become less decisive, but to develop more patience; resulting in a 'patient decisiveness' without nagging.

4. Allergy: When people find too much of their own challenges in others, they become allergic. In other words, the 'Allergy' is excess of goodness of the challenge; as well the negative opposite of the core quality, viz: passiveness.

Hope this helps

Umang :D

F

fineguy - 2009

At least you tried to help the poster. I believe some others just want to sell their ideas and nothing more.

Maybe this might help you and others like us who might come across this same question in futute. I think your question one is very similar to mine. Good luck.

1. Analyse your business by breaking it down into key areas. These will tend to be those that are crucial to customer satisfaction. Senior staff should determine the needs of the business and design the system around these.
2. Plan your approach by deciding which resources you need and discussing the effectiveness of existing processes with staff.
3. Decide if new processes are necessary and tell staff about them - provide training if necessary.
4. Check that the processes are working by appointing someone to be responsible for the system and ensuring proper procedures are followed. Targets need to be set for how each process contributes to the success of business goals.
5. Revise processes where necessary and continue to review them regularly.

Top Bottom