Where to find the ANSI Z1.9 Rosetta Stone

G

Ge-hS

Ok, so this is rather embarrassing. I've recently moved to a new place and their procedures don't give what things stand for.

I'm slightly stumped and don't know where to look next, and I simply can't recall this basic stuff.

Here's what I got:
Evaluate the -redacted attribute- of the parts produced. The sample size will be determined using an AQL of 0.25

These runs were ####-piece runs.

The Sample Code Letter for General Inspection Level II is L. (Table A-2 (ref))
n=75 with M=0.711 (Table B-3 (ref))

I get AQL, where L is coming from, n, x-bar, s, all USL, LSL,... all the stuff to calculate my indices.

Can someone please remind me what the "M" stands for? (I don't have the ANSI Z1.4, which would probably help. I'm "working from home" today.)

Thanks!

Big Jim

Admin
Re: Embarrassing question - Where to find the Rosetta Stone

OK, I was prepared with the answer to the wrong question.

The original Rosetta Stone is found today in a museum in London. A copy can be found in a museum in Cairo.

Hopefully someone will stop by that has an answer to heop you find YOUR Rosetta Stone.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

The thread has been reported and we're considering retitling the thread. With "...Evaluate the -redacted attribute- of the parts produced...." in there it's a bit confusing about what is being asked. All I can see asked is "What is M in ANSI Z1.4?"

G

Ge-hS

Marc,

Does M=0.711 in table B of ANSI Z1.4 mean anything?

I don't have the tables. I am trying to understand if I need to calculate "M" or if "M" is something I should pull from a table.

what is M?

-gs

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

I do not have a copy here to look at so I can't help you. Hopefully one of the others here can help.

Statistical Steven

Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Where to find the ANSI Z1.4 Rosetta Stone

Ok, so this is rather embarrassing. I've recently moved to a new place and their procedures don't give what things stand for.

I'm slightly stumped and don't know where to look next, and I simply can't recall this basic stuff.

Here's what I got:
Evaluate the -redacted attribute- of the parts produced. The sample size will be determined using an AQL of 0.25

These runs were ####-piece runs.

The Sample Code Letter for General Inspection Level II is L. (Table A-2 (ref))
n=75 with M=0.711 (Table B-3 (ref))

I get AQL, where L is coming from, n, x-bar, s, all USL, LSL,... all the stuff to calculate my indices.

Can someone please remind me what the "M" stands for? (I don't have the ANSI Z1.4, which would probably help. I'm "working from home" today.)

Thanks!

First is is ANSI Z1.9 not Z1.4

M stands for the maximum percent non-conforming

David-D

Involved In Discussions
The question is a bit confusing as it seems to mix Z1.4 (attribute) and Z1.9 (variable) sampling. Since they're both copies of the previous military standards (MIL-STD-105 and MIL-STD-414, accordingly). You can get them from the government's free online Assist database (just Google search for "assist quick search"; sorry I don't have enough Points to provide the actual link).

David

G

Ge-hS

Thanks everyone,...

Now I am on the search for the equation used to build the B-5 table in Z1.9,... wish me luck!

Top Bottom