What Root Cause do you assign to this? Pilots miss landing by 150 miles

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: What Root cause do you assign to this?

Pilots miss landing by 150 miles

How would you like to try and assign a Root cause for this one since we know that "Operator error" is never acceptable.

Peace
James

It will be interesting to hear the final results of this. As I understand it at this point, the flight crew claims that they didn't know where they were because of a heated discussion about company policy, but there is strong suspicion that they were sleeping. The cockpit voice recorder should tell.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few

Fallen asleep is my guess.

Root cause: Airline companies lobbying the FAA to extend working hours for flight crews.

After flight crews working for almost minimum wage and crashing a plane near Buffalo, now falling asleep on the job.

Also interesting why the towers did not issued an alarm for a run away plane and what was the cabin crew doing and none of the passenger got worried?

Our alertness has fallen back to pre 9/11 levels.

T

tsmith7858

The good news is it sounds like the response to the incident was very good. Denver notified Minneapolis, authorities were notified, fighter pilots were on stand by and when the plane finally landed all were warmly welcomed by the local authorities. :applause:

The bad news is, I don't think anyone is going to buy the "heated discussion of airline policy" as the root cause.

T

trainerbob

And to think I am flying through Minneapolis in a week. Wonder where I will end up???????

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
My guess is the FAA will use a root cause analysis tool similar to 5Y to find out....

Top Bottom