I miss the Cove! Crusader

Crusader

Trusted Information Resource
Hi,
My name is Crusader and I used to be a Covaholic. :) I don't participate much anymore. :( I miss the group. Being on the internet is viewed as not doing your job. Surfing during work hours. Any social internet access is frowned upon and illegal (could lose your job) according to the company handbook. No more...Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, etc., etc.

So, here I am sharing my lunch hour with you in the Coffee Break chatter. But, then again, this is social internet use and that is frowned upon too.

So, a happy Hello :bigwave: to all and I will try to get back when the job requires good-quality assistance that I can only get from here.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Good to see you stop by! We all miss your avatar in posts in threads, too... ;)

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I miss you too! I have also not been here enough. :eek: But I am in my last class for this masters degree, so I expect things will lighten up for me somewhat after that.

Randy

Super Moderator
Hey, where have you been? I've been forever trying to get assigned to something in your area that would allow me to come by. Are you still at the same place or did you change?

The "goodies" were used to the max, thanks again

Randy

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Hi,
My name is Crusader and I used to be a Covaholic. :) I don't participate much anymore. :( I miss the group. Being on the internet is viewed as not doing your job. Surfing during work hours. Any social internet access is frowned upon and illegal (could lose your job) according to the company handbook. No more...Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, etc., etc.

So, here I am sharing my lunch hour with you in the Coffee Break chatter. But, then again, this is social internet use and that is frowned upon too.

So, a happy Hello :bigwave: to all and I will try to get back when the job requires good-quality assistance that I can only get from here.
When I was still working a full-time job (late 90's through 2001), my schedule was so tight, I had absolutely zero time during the work day to log on to anything other than work-related sites.

Evenings and weekends, however, I took guilty pleasure in lurking here in the Cove as an unregistered user. It was a wild and woolly internet back then and some strong personalities and hanky panky often got in the way of good advice offered by some folks who were and remain "gods" of quality, including Dr. Wheeler, among others.

Gradually, with some fits and starts, Marc has put together an unmatched forum for Quality. I strongly recommend it for research and even just casual reading to folks whenever and wherever I give public presentations to business groups, NOT JUST TO "QUALITY" PEOPLE!

There is a lot of information available here for the taking without EVER taking the effort to register in order to post your own question.

My recommendation, Crusader, is to obey the company rules about accessing on company time and company machines. Just visit us evenings and weekends. We're a 24/7 operation (although we do slow down a little on weekends), so there's always something new and different going on. Heck, sometimes old guys like me show up after midnight in our time zone just because it's the only time we have available during a busy week.

We are always happy to hear from our Cove family and even if you don't post, it's comforting to know many of our "family" come to visit from time to time just to catch up on things.

Top Bottom