Quality Objectives Examples

D

debbie135

Hello everyone
I have read through all of the threads with regards to Quality Objectives but have not actually seen many examples which could relate to my type of business - Recruitment (supply of workers on a temporary basis to a client).

Could anyone out there give me some concrete examples of Quality Objectives which might relate specifically to my type of industry

Thanks for your help

AndyN

Moved On
Re: Quality Objective Examples

Hello Debbie!

An easy way for you to answer your own question is to find out what your management use to indicate their business process performance. In addition to customer satisfaction and profitability, there's going to be a couple of other key things they like to shoot for - response time, e.g. getting the temp worker to clients' locations on time or something similar.

The objectives of the QMS will be tied to these performance indicators. It could be possible that no-one has actually put (much) thought behind these in a way to formalize them (not meaning that they didn't think them through) as a means to indicate and monitor performance.

D

debbie135

Andy
Thanks for your very quick response (and all the other responses you have supplied me with to date !)

The management have not actually formulated any objectives from a Quality perspective. The only objectives currently in place measure gross profit and contact information e.g must contact 20 prospective customers per week and must visit 2 existing clients per week, and must hit £ worth of profit per week. Obviously these are not quality related and on speaking with the management they are not clued up on the smart objectives which they need for Quality. Oh, please help me !!!

M

madannc

Andy
Thanks for your very quick response (and all the other responses you have supplied me with to date !)

The management have not actually formulated any objectives from a Quality perspective. The only objectives currently in place measure gross profit and contact information e.g must contact 20 prospective customers per week and must visit 2 existing clients per week, and must hit £ worth of profit per week. Obviously these are not quality related and on speaking with the management they are not clued up on the smart objectives which they need for Quality. Oh, please help me !!!

Hi Debbie

Do you have a complaint/feedback system in place for clients...

Is this used

How are complaints logged

What is the trend (up/down)

how do you verify that a complaint has been closed satisfactorily

etc etc

these numbers (if you have them show how well as a business you are meeting customer expection)

Another thought would be to use QFD

Understand customer needs (e.g. Kano modelling)

What are your competitors doing (better/worse)

What other services could you provide (training/interview skills, maps of how to get to business/manufacturer etc etc)

CAPA

When something goes wrong what do you have in place to correct, what process system improvements have been put in place to prevent recurrence, e.g. not getting back to client/customer when you said you would... sending a potential client to a business wrongly (not appropriately qualified/wrong address... etc etc)

Is there a trend...

To be successful your company needs to be the preffered choice of supplier... by screening clients, being cost competive, being efficient etc etc... what roadmaps are in place for this... what process are in place for this could you improve them

Perhaps some lean methodology applied to existing processes could identify improvements

anyway I have waffled enough

Quality improves businesses by consistantly providing the required service IMHO this is one way of setting and measuring the level of quality within a service industry

cheers Nigel

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions

Debbie, try not to get too hung up on the word quality - as in quality objectives. I often define quality as 'getting it right' or 'satisfying customers'.

Your quality management system is designed to help you to achieve quality i.e. get it right, running the business. So, your quality objectives are whatever you do to run the business. The only additional point I would add is that at least some element of the objectives should relate to 'meeting requirements for the product'. I advise people to make sure that at least some of the objectives are 'customer facing' and not all just internal/finance related.

The examples you quote such as contacting a given number of people/week or visiting a number of people/month sound like good objectives to me if they are important to your business.

I have previously posted a brief explanation as to how I plan objectives. Try a search and if you cannot find it, let me know and I will send it on.

harry

Trusted Information Resource

These are 2 examples found through google.

Our Quality Policy Objectives are:

* Provide excellent service to our clients
* Constantly improve the way we do business
* Encourage employees to seek excellence in their work
* Attract the best candidates for our accounting career opportunities
* Reduce costs
* Be recognized by clients and employees for Quality Assurance

XXX's Quality Policy

* To provide good Jobs with good salary for ZZZ workers
* To Improve and support the ZZZ Government to cut down on the unemloyed Human resource available in HHH.
* To provide good workers for clients with their satisfaction and to be the best in the recruitment of ZZZ workers.

Quality Objectives

* To provide workers to clients according to their specification
* To provide jobs according to the qualification of the candidates
* To negotiate for good salary and practical benefits for candidates
* Recruit workers according to the standard set by the Labour Department
* To recruit workers within the time frame promise to the clients
* Able to recruit all the demand that is sent to our agency
* To keep updated with the clients even after deployment of workers as good will and PR
* Able to give good service to the candidates and to the overseas clients
* Improve the standard of workers available by providing training to candidates
* Provide good workers so that company will also consider the improvement of recruitment and facilities to the candidates

DannyK

Trusted Information Resource

The objectives of contacting 20 potential customers per week and 2 client visits per week are measureable and are acceptable as quality objectives.

Flowchart your process and determine what you measure in your process that will tell you that the system is working or not.

Some examples of measurables could include complaints, sales, ability to meet customer demands (number of open jobs), how quickly you fill the openings, etc..

Once you have determined which measurables makes sense to measure, have management set a target or objective.

Danny

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions

Please don't forget to have a strategy (including resources) to achieve the objectives, it is unlikely they will be achieved by good luck alone.

P

piney

When writing each of your objectives, and easy way to ensure they meet the ISO 9001:2000 requirements is to follow SMART:

Specific - avoid wishy washy statements.

Measureable - you need to be able to measure your objective when complete to know if the objective was successful.

Attainable - don't write an objective that you know can never be achieved.

Realistic - again make sure you are capable of the objective.

Timelines - ensure each objective has written within it a timeline (date) for completion.

Top Bottom