Do Ford, GMC, and/or Daimler have ISO/TS 16949 certification?

S

selcuk_sensoy

Hi !
I want to learn that if big companies have (General Motors,Ford,Daimler Chrysler and other automotive manufacturers) ISO/TS 16949 certification or they only want it for their suppliers?
I want your answers as soon as possible
Thanks

P

Puzzle

I know Jaguar, in the UK have TS2. I believe they were the first actual 'factory' to do so.

But then I am probably wrong. :D

D

D.Scott

selcuk_sensoy said:
Hi !
I want to learn that if big companies have (General Motors,Ford,Daimler Chrysler and other automotive manufacturers) ISO/TS 16949 certification or they only want it for their suppliers?
I want your answers as soon as possible
Thanks

The TS-16949 is written specifically for the tier 1 suppliers to the big 3. It would serve no purpose for them to be certified to the standard as it cannot possibly apply to them (unless they supply each other). The plants I have seen In the US are certified to ISO-900(x).

Dave

Attachments

• 505249.jpg
    505249.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 525
E

engjane

I am pretty certain Ford Dagenham in the UK has TS. They are an engine assembly plant (amongst other things)

Surely even a vehicle plant has customers and orders etc....so why cant they be TS?
Perhaps someone can enlighten me as its Friday morning and my brain is frazzled.... :confused:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I think the rule of thumb is sub-assembly plants can be TS 16949 which engine assembly would apply to, because they supply engines (terchnically a sub-assembly) to 'final' assembly plants where a car comes out the end.

T

Teri - 2011

Our local gm plant that is still QS 9000 is a sub-assembly plant, (they do not have cars coming out the door).

Last edited by a moderator:
V

vanputten

"ISO 900(X)" is no longer applicable since ISO 9002/3 are obsolete standards. We only need to refer to ISO 9001:2000.

It confuses me that we take the requirements of TS so literaly when addressing to whom the standard applies. TS 169649 is a international standard applying to all automotive industries (not just the "Big 3" in the US) and has a requirement that it applies to suppliers. I believe the benefit of TS can apply to the customer. Certainly the intent of TS applies to all automotive customers and tier 1 suppliers. Through the trickle down intent of 7.4.1.2 Supplier qms development, eventually tier 2,3,.... should be TS certified.

Yes, the way TS is written it can only be imposed on certian suppliers to auto customers. But it doesn't pass a common sense test that a standard applies to suppliers but not to the customer. The intent and Quality Managment Principles apply to all. Maybe this should be addressed in the next review of TS? TS looses value for me when it applies to the supplier but not to the customer.

Regards, Dirk

Top Bottom