Implementing ISO 9001 in a school (Education)

C

Chopper

All,
I would be grateful if any of you have experience of implementing the standard in a school. A friend of mine is ready to start a project to introduce it and needs some help.

Are there any case studies here, or does any body know of a web site that could assist.

I welcome any comments.

Regards,

Chopper

D

Dean Frederickson

Re: ISO 9001 in Education

Chopper check out the threads listed at the bottom of this page ( similar threads ).

J

JW9000

I didn't see anything about Las Vegas Public Schools adopting ISO certification. I suppose you meant Clark County (Las Vegas, NV) School District.

V

vanputten

You may want to review IWA2, Quality management systems - Guidelines for the application of ISO 9001:2000 in education

International Workshop Agreement IWA 2:2003 provides guidelines for the application of ISO 9001:2000 in educational organizations providing educational products.

These guidelines do not add to, change or modify the requirements of ISO 9001:2000, and are not intended for use in contracts for compliance assessments or for certification.

Each clause of ISO 9001:2000 is included before the corresponding text of IWA 2:2003. The whole text of ISO 9004:2000 is also included to provide a complete vision of the continual performance improvement of organizations.

Randy

Super Moderator
I didn't see anything about Las Vegas Public Schools adopting ISO certification. I suppose you meant Clark County (Las Vegas, NV) School District.

Yeah, I mispoke. A friend of mine is the Registrar (and it's not my employer)

E

Erick Calvo

Well, in order to implement the standard he/she will have to document about 23 procedures, which are part of commonly 4 processes.
The four process are: Strategic Management, Academic Training (Management), Human Resources Management and Administrative Management.
The procedures could be:
Strategic Management, Organization communication, management revision, document management, document control, internal auditing, external audits
Admission, planning, follow up, non conformance service, curriculum design
Also: purchasing, contracting ( external suppliers ) , payroll, cafeteria ( if you have one )
Training and development, health and safety among others.
Then you will have to develop all these procedures, and integrate then with the qiality policy and the quality objectives, so you have indicators that are measured, and these indicators are related with the objectives, so you measure the indicators for procedure, and for process, and finally the whole quality management system.
The system will depend on the school.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Well, in order to implement the standard he/she will have to document about 23 procedures, which are part of commonly 4 processes.
The four process are: Strategic Management, Academic Training (Management), Human Resources Management and Administrative Management.
The procedures could be:
Strategic Management, Organization communication, management revision, document management, document control, internal auditing, external audits
Admission, planning, follow up, non conformance service, curriculum design
Also: purchasing, contracting ( external suppliers ) , payroll, cafeteria ( if you have one )
Training and development, health and safety among others.
Then you will have to develop all these procedures, and integrate then with the qiality policy and the quality objectives, so you have indicators that are measured, and these indicators are related with the objectives, so you measure the indicators for procedure, and for process, and finally the whole quality management system.
The system will depend on the school.

Welcome Erick and thanks for sharing.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
All,
I would be grateful if any of you have experience of implementing the standard in a school. A friend of mine is ready to start a project to introduce it and needs some help.

Are there any case studies here, or does any body know of a web site that could assist.

I welcome any comments.

Regards,

Chopper
It will perhaps make a good beginning if much time is spent on defining who the customer is and what must be the Quality policy of the school and the objectives that are to be focused and met in order to move towards meeting the set Policy. All the various school activities (QMS activities) can then be aligned towards this. Many related threads here will through more light on this subject.

Top Bottom