Update on my son

R

Randy Stewart

For those of you who don't know, my son has been in Iraq since this past May. He was recently wounded (2nd time) when his vehicle was hit by an IED. He has returned to his unit, but he is at a desk right now. He has started to get some hearing back so they will wait for the surgery until they know, for sure that he needs it. If they have to do the surgery, he will be reclassified as a non-combatant, which will tear him up.
Anyway, the TV show 60 Minutes did a report on the job they, Charlie Company, did while they were in Sadr City.
I've watched it numerous times and still about makes my eyes water!
I asked Marc if I could post this and he okayed it. So I'm not here to start an arguement, debate, etc., I just wanted to share a good report and to update you on his status!
BTW, they show a short scene of a fairly intense firefight. My son was the main gunner (20mm) in the MRAP at that time. I have a video he sent me from his vehicle! So here is the link. Thanks for your support.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4516319n%3fsource=search_video

T

Tom W

Great to read the update. Thanks to your son for what he does and thanks to you and your family for what you do to support him.

I have many, many friends and old buddies over there and it's very tough to really understand it unless you either have been there or been in their shoes over the years. Pass on my prayers for him and his fellow military.

:applause:

T

tlonkey

Randy,

I was not aware that your son was in Iraq. As a father of 4 (none in the service) I can only imagine what you and your family must go through each day. Regardless of my personal politics I only have the highest regard and respect for those of us who have joined the service. I hope all is well with your son and for all of our service personnel who are currently in harm's way.

tlonkey

S

somerqc

We have a sales person (from Buffalo) whose son is in Afghanistan. As a father, I am torn up just thinking about my child being in harm's way like that.

However, without the troops we would be in a much different world. Thank you to all that make the sacrifice.

C

Craig H.

Randy, thanks for the update. I hope and pray that your son will fully regain his hearing without the surgery.

Please thank your son for me.

BradM

Leader
Admin
Randy... thank you for the update. :agree1: Tell your son he has a lot of people concerned about his healing, and hopes that it goes well.

P

Phil Fields

Randy,
May God Bless your son and his fellow soldiers.
I can only imagine the range of emotions your must go through.

My son Ben will be turning 16 tomorrow, as other have said, I can not imagine Ben being in harms way. It is bad enough he will be getting his driving permit this Friday.

My prayers are with you and your family,
Phil

J

justncredible

Gods speed on his recovery!

Great times create great men.......:thanks:

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Randy - my thoughts and prayers are with your son. My god sons have both had two tours in Iraq. While I am more than proud of them - and your son - I still fear for them. God bless.

B

Bob the QE

As veteran and a father of a young hero who served over there, but today is states side, my prayers, thoughts and sincere thank you's go out to those who have, those who are and those who will served and their loved ones who wait.

And a special salute and blessing for a quick and speedy recover to your son.

Bless all of you:applause:,:thanks:

Top Bottom