ISO 29001 Service Provider Service Site Requirements

R

Rabab

Hi All,

Please note that my company is a petroleum service provider company and is ISO 9001 and 29001 certificated.

Where the QMS documentation is based on excluding section 7.3 standard, Design and Development. It is recommended to exclude this element of the ISO standard in case there is no input to the design of a vessel or modifying to its specific requirements.

last years when the auditor had visited the company barge and rig sites to complete the cycle of the audit.
Currently management wants to change the scope to be on shore management for off shore operation.

My question is : is it a mandatory requirement of the ISO 29001 visiting service location or not?

Appreciate your help a lot!

:thanx:

AndyN

Moved On
Hi All,

Please note that my company is a petroleum service provider company and is ISO 9001 and 29001 certificated.

Where the QMS documentation is based on excluding section 7.3 standard, Design and Development. It is recommended to exclude this element of the ISO standard in case there is no input to the design of a vessel or modifying to its specific requirements.

last years when the auditor had visited the company barge and rig sites to complete the cycle of the audit.
Currently management wants to change the scope to be on shore management for off shore operation.

My question is : is it a mandatory requirement of the ISO 29001 visiting service location or not?

Appreciate your help a lot!

:thanx:

I think you are mixing up two different requirements. The design requirement has nothing to do with the barge you mention.

ISO 29001 doesn't have anything to do with being registered and the need for sites (on shore or off shore) being visited. Speak to your CB, they should tell you what will be visited when you change scope.

Big Jim

Admin
The API Q1 Standard (ISO 29001) is administered by API. API is the registrar. No other entity is allowed to register to that standard.

As a result, you may not get a reliable answer except from API.

The idea of needing to audit all aspects of your service, including field service, is not unusual. It is often expected in ISO 9001:2008. My understanding is that it is a requirement of ISO 17021:2011, the standard that registrars are obliged to adhere to. I have audited field service on site on a few occasions.

As to what extent API needs to adhere to ISO 17021 I don't know, but I would think they must as API Q1 includes ISO 9001:2008.

As to if you could revise your scope in such a way as to exclude scrutiny of the field service aboard your barge, I would think the chances are slim to none, and as Andy noted, this should be a discussion for your registrar (API).

Top Bottom